About the Job
We are seeking a Summer Analyst to join our team from May-August 2021 (dates flexible). The position will report to one primary Managing Director/Associate Director, but will work closely and collaboratively with our small, dynamic team.
Candidates should be naturally curious, comfortable working independently, and have demonstrated interest in climate and environmental finance, preferably in food systems finance. A vivid interest in sustainability, conservation, food systems and natural resources is also an important part of the role. Individuals should be entrepreneurial, mission-driven, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. This role requires quantitative and analytical skills, as well as attention to detail, verbal and written communications kills, and a strong ability to manage multiple projects at once. Candidates must demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, integrity, and discretion.
As part of our mission to mobilize capital into regenerative natural resource investments, PCG is building a robust body of market intelligence to inform our investment and strategic decision-making, and better serve the enterprises and investors we work with. The Summer Analyst will support these efforts by leading and/or contributing to research and analysis of the regenerative natural resources market, with a primary focus on the regenerative food and agriculture sector. Projects will support a number of PCG’s key activities and strategic objectives including live deal transactions, competitor analysis, thought leadership, etc.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Track & analyze deal data in the regenerative food & agriculture sector
- Become knowledgeable on past, current, and future trends in regenerative food & agriculture
- Advance internal initiatives to map the investment opportunity set in regenerative food & agriculture (through a tool such as Kumu)
- Provide custom analyses/summaries for various topics of interest, as needed; for example, innovative financial structures, impact measurement frameworks, etc.
- Synthesize information into actionable items, presentations, and short reports
- Assist with knowledge development in different themes, investment opportunities, and issue areas, possibly co-authoring white papers, blog articles, or articles in industry publications
- Contribute to qualitative and quantitative analyses for live deal transactions, as needed
- Rising senior or recent graduate of an undergraduate degree program, preferably in business or finance
- Experience in climate and environmental finance and/or in sustainable/regenerative food & agriculture preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- Flexible nature with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively on projects
- Superb work ethic requiring minimal guidance; manages time effectively and efficiently
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines with a sense of humor
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provenance Capital Group
Founded in 2020, Provenance Capital Group (PCG) is a financial services firm, based in San Francisco with an office in Chicago, that focuses on allocating capital into regenerative natural resource enterprises. We question the assumption that the capital markets should be driven by short term financial thinking. Instead, we collaborate with clients, companies, and other stakeholders to transition to an economy that is focused on a bottom line that includes people, planet, and profit.
VISION: A more equitable and regenerative allocation of the world’s resources
PCG: To be the trusted guide that will evolve alongside investors and direct investments to build a better world
HOW: We offer our clients deep expertise, superior guidance and access, and trusted partnership. We achieve our mission by:
- Supporting investors to identify and evaluate mission-aligned natural resource investments
- Providing business strategy and financial services to regenerative businesses
- Analyzing industry and macro trends to inform our thought leadership, financial innovation, and investment decisions