About the Job
Convergence is headquartered in Toronto, but operates globally, and is currently seeking a Training & Engagement Associate to join the organization as part of its Toronto-based team.
Convergence is seeking a Training and Engagement Associate who will report to the Associate Director, Client Services and support the broader team to deliver high quality and timely services to members. The Associate will play a key role in supporting Convergence’s trainings offering, which focuses on building the capacity of public, private and philanthropic donors and investors to execute blended finance transactions. In addition, the Associate will play a key role in all aspects of Convergence’s member engagement including developing and managing relationships, planning and executing on trainings, soliciting feedback to continuously improve Convergence’s membership offerings in addition to representing Convergence at meetings and industry events.
The following comprises the core responsibilities of the Training & Engagement Associate, however, the scope will evolve over time to match the needs of the organization:
- Manage the execution of virtual and in-person training programs, in close collaboration with the training lead; this includes program structuring, content development & delivery, partner collaboration, and administration.
- Support the business development process for training opportunities through the creation of proposals and other documentation.
- Update and enhance the standard training program and content that Convergence offers to a broad range of stakeholders; this includes editing the recordings of virtual trainings for dissemination on Convergence’s resource platform.
- Assist in refining Convergence’s strategy, approach, and business model for delivering training.
- Draft and publish blogs summarizing learnings from conferences, trainings, and webinars.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with prospective members and partners across the private, public, and philanthropic sectors that may be active in or have an interest in learning about blended finance, including identifying transactions that may be aligned to and eligible for the Convergence platform.
- Manage incoming requests for information and applications for Convergence membership; which may include direct engagement with prospective members, identifying opportunities for collaboration, leading exploratory discussions, converting leads to membership, and on-boarding.
- Serve as relationship manager and main point of contact for assigned Convergence members to ensure they take full advantage of Convergence offerings, including the listing of transactions on Convergence’s deal platform.
- Analyze data, develop reporting tools, and track key metrics to help drive growth and develop new and existing business opportunities.
- Become an expert on Convergence’s platform to be able to support internal and external stakeholders with technical inquiries and lead initiatives to improve members’ experience.
- Assist with management of and content creation for various Working Groups which Convergence convenes in cooperation with USAID, the Swedish International Cooperation Agency (Sida), the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) and others. Topics include blended finance for agriculture, blended finance for biodiversity, and mobilizing private finance at scale through blended finance.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, international development, or a related field with an excellent academic record.
- 2-3 years of work experience in financial services, international development or consulting, with a demonstrated ability to deliver results through independent and collaborative work.
- Comfort in an entrepreneurial environment that is fast-paced and fluid; able to embrace ambiguity and is a self-starter.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, networking, prospect identification, and relationship-building.
- Strong project management skills and a track record of on-time delivery.
- Sharp analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and develop recommendations.
- Interest in and knowledge of private sector participation/development issues in developing countries.
Candidates should be eligible to work in Canada.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a single PDF document containing a one-page cover letter and one-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Associate, Training & Engagement in the subject line. We are looking to hire quickly and so will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis with an aim to hire by March 31, 2021. Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
Convergence is the global network for blended finance. We generate blended finance data, intelligence, and deal flow to increase private sector investment in developing countries. Blended finance is the use of catalytic public or philanthropic capital to increase private sector investment in places that need it most. Convergence’s global membership includes public, private, and philanthropic investors as well as sponsors of transactions and funds. Members include institutions such as MacArthur Foundation, FinDev Canada, the Nature Conservancy, and Credit Suisse. Convergence offers its members a curated, online platform to connect with each other on blended finance transactions in progress, as well as exclusive access to original market intelligence and knowledge products such as case studies, reports, training, and webinars. To accelerate advances in the field, Convergence provides grants through its Design Funding program, for the design of blended finance vehicles that could attract private capital at scale to sustainable development, and other market acceleration services.