About the Job
Convergence is headquartered in Toronto and is currently seeking a Regional Representative, LAC. The successful applicant will reside in a major business center in the region.
This role will report to the CEO and will be a member of the management team. The individual will lead Convergence’s activities in Latin America and the Caribbean, overseeing (i) engagement with public and private practitioners of blended finance to support their deal activity and (ii) contribution toward market-responsive content.
The Regional Representative, LAC will work closely with a specialized team based in Toronto, Nairobi, Manila, and Washington.
Together with the CEO and the management team, with a specific responsibility for the Latin America & Caribbean region, the Regional Representative, LAC will:
- Develop a high-energy, active network of regional members who turn to Convergence frequently for blended finance deal flow, data, and insights.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with world-class investors and deal sponsors across the public, private, and philanthropic sectors. Be the first point of contact for and oversee all relationships in the region, passing specific relationships to others on the team as appropriate.
- Work with these actors to select and onboard best-in-class blended finance investment opportunities to Convergence’s deal platform.
- Connect capital providers and deal sponsors for knowledge exchange and to collaborate on transactions seeking capital.
- Recommend and manage strategic relationships with complementary initiatives, channel partners, and other global organizations to augment the role and use of blended finance in the region.
- Represent Convergence in external events, media appearances, and other business development speaking opportunities.
- Translate insights gained from interacting with Convergence’s membership network into opportunities for new content.
- Draw upon experience and engagement in the region to bolster Convergence’s existing knowledge products (e.g., case studies, data briefs, blogs, and other publications).
- Lead a targeted blended finance training program for institutions in the Americas, including identifying organizations that seek training, working with the Convergence training manager to secure the relevant contracts, and leading the implementation of trainings.
We are looking for experienced candidates with 7+ years of investment transaction and relationship management experience in the region. The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and relationship-building skills
- Skilled relationship manager and partnership builder
- An extensive network within financial, granting, or development circles in the region
- Ability to effectively work remotely and with a multi-continent, multi-cultural team
- Direct experience in financial structuring, corporate finance, or investor relations in an investment/commercial bank, DFI or investment advisory firm
- Direct experience in an entrepreneurial setting
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant financial tools and gaps in the blended finance toolkit
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
Candidates should be eligible to work in a major business center in Latin America.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a single PDF document containing a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Regional Representative, LAC in the subject line. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis with an aim to hire by March 31, 2021. Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
Convergence is the global network for blended finance. We generate blended finance data, intelligence, and deal flow to increase private sector investment in developing countries. Blended finance is the use of catalytic public or philanthropic capital to increase private sector investment in places that need it most. Convergence’s global membership includes public, private, and philanthropic investors as well as sponsors of transactions and funds. Members include institutions such as MacArthur Foundation, FinDev Canada, the Nature Conservancy, and Credit Suisse. Convergence offers its members a curated, online platform to connect with each other on blended finance transactions in progress, as well as exclusive access to original market intelligence and knowledge products such as case studies, reports, training, and webinars. To accelerate advances in the field, Convergence provides grants through its Design Funding program, for the design of blended finance vehicles that could attract private capital at scale to sustainable development, and other market acceleration services.