About the Job
TSEF: The Social Entrepreneurs Fund
This role is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing impact investing team as it deploys its third fund. Founded in 2012, TSEF has been a pioneer in the impact venture community, with a unique investment thesis focused on software companies that alleviate poverty and provide access to economic opportunity. With over $25M in committed capital, TSEF III invests in fintech, health tech, social services tech, and future of work startups that lessen inequality and increase opportunity in the United States.
The Analyst will work with the Managing Director and Senior Associate on all aspects of the portfolio management and investing process. Responsibilities include:
- Research and Reporting – Lead impact reporting of existing portfolio companies, ongoing correspondence with Limited Partners, quarterly portfolio reporting, development of materials highlighting the work of the TSEF portfolio
- Portfolio Management – Monitor current portfolio companies; gathering portfolio financial and impact reporting
- Due Diligence – the assessment of the total addressable market size and competitive landscape; coordination and strategic support of initial meetings with prospective pipeline companies; deal diligence and pricing
- Pipeline Management – Track investment opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree (0-2 years work experience)
- High Writing Proficiency
- Keen Attention to Detail
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Ability to Work Independently
Please send a copy of your resume and statement of interest to The Social Entrepreneurs’ Fund at email@example.com, subject line “TSEF Analyst”
Our firm values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. No telephone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted
Maycomb Capital | The Social Entrepreneurs Fund
Maycomb Capital is a trailblazing impact investing platform based in Brooklyn, NY. We provide financing across asset classes to fund strategies and enterprises that transform communities. Our flagship funds transform underserved communities in two different – but complementary – ways:
- The Social Entrepreneurs Fund (TSEF) is a venture capital fund that invests early in the most promising entrepreneurs, upending traditional business models to create sustainable change.
- The Community Outcomes Fund (TCOF) provides outcomes-based (also known as pay-for-success) financing that matches private capital with local priorities, realigning government programs with proven solutions to social challenges.