About the Job
The Associate will report primarily to the Research Senior Manager, though project specific needs as well as cross-team initiatives will require the Associate to work with (and occasionally report to) various members across the full GIIN team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Help shape and execute the GIIN’s research agenda by engaging in all steps of the research process – conception, design, data collection, analysis, drafting, and dissemination – in an organized, collaborative, and resourceful manner
- Conduct effective, creative desk-based research to support research design and literature reviews
- Play a central role in data collection processes, which include developing survey tools, transcribing interviews, cleaning and managing datasets, and running database queries
- Produce high quality – timely, accurate and rigorous – quantitative and qualitative data analysis and data visualizations
- Support the drafting, design, and publication of research products, including via cross-departmental collaboration
- Support development efforts, including drafting of proposals and progress reports
- Support dissemination efforts, including creation of presentations, blog posts and other ‘products’ as necessary, as well as managing logistics around event execution
- Monitor developments both within the GIIN and the market more broadly to inform the GIIN’s research strategy and agenda
- Additional responsibilities as needed
The Associate must be an analytical, organized, resourceful, and responsible individual with a high degree of professionalism. The Associate must also be adaptive, collaborative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Experience in high-growth organizations would be advantageous, but not required.
- Strong conviction that investment capital can effectively address social and environmental challenges and a demonstrated interest in impact investing, social entrepreneurship, and/or related fields
- At least two years of work experience in a relevant field: (impact) investing, social business, management consulting, impact measurement, practitioner-oriented business/investing research
- A basic understanding of, and interest in, the world of investing and capital markets
- Comfort with data analysis and visualization using Excel, STATA, Tableau, SQL, and/or other tools
- High quality, detail-oriented writing and copy-editing skills
- Ability to create visually compelling PowerPoint documents
- The ability to work both collaboratively and independently while effectively prioritizing assignments and meeting deadlines
- An initiative taker, with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Well organized, including with respects to event management
- Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, and good humor
LOCATION: Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. This position is temporarily remote due to COVID restrictions. This position will be based in our New York City office.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com. State “Research Associate_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now nearly ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 325 members in 45 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit