About the Job
(32- 40 hours)
- Responsible for the expansion of the product portfolio of Triodos IM, with a dedication to highly innovative ‘deep impact’ funds that require different qualities of capital (blended finance) including so-called catalytic capital to develop new markets
- Initiating and developing new investment funds (primarily private debt and/or equity) that meet investor needs
- Partnerships and ‘coalition building’: bringing together the right partners to create real impact in relatively nascent investment themes
- First focus will be on the development of a European Natural Capital initiative, a fund or other platform that aims to make the restoration of nature in Europe investable. A future focus area will be the diversification of our investment themes in Emerging Markets (beyond inclusive finance and utility scale renewable energy), pursuing a broader ‘access to basic needs’ agenda in developing countries
- Successful fundraising by pitching new fund ideas to relevant investor segments in Europe, such as DFIs, governments, (corporate) foundations, family offices and other impact driven investors, in close collaboration with our investor relations team and responsible for the timely tuning and sounding of new fund ideas and structures with market parties
- Leading role and proactive coordination of the entire process with all internal stakeholders (commerce, fund management, investment side, staff departments and Management Board) and ensuring clear agreements on the timelines (time-to-market)
Your work experience and skills:
- Completed relevant academic study
- Seasoned impact investing professional with at least 10 years of relevant work experience in impact investing, preferably with donor funded impact funds
- Proven network and access to ‘catalytic capital’ providers such as DFIs, governments, (corporate) foundations, family offices and other impact driven investors
- Excellent networking skills and proven ability to bring different stakeholders together in partnerships
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset, initiating and persevering new business ideas
- Good sense of market developments in the investment field and able to translate this into interesting investment propositions that meet the needs and wishes of investors on the one hand and the knowledge, experience, core capabilities of Triodos IM
- Experience with credit proposals, blended finance and mezzanine financing is a pre
- Strong personal connection with the mission and values of Triodos
- Proven skills to mobilize and lead people in a project within set timelines
- Fluent in English, both orally and in writing
- Valid work permit for the European Union
You want to make a difference:
Our first priority is impact – the difference is made by us as an investment manager and you as a Business Development Manager. We have an open and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal development and believe in education and training. And that’s not all: Triodos offers good working conditions. Please check:
For more information about this position, please contact David Harleman, Head of Product Development via email@example.com
Please send your written motivation letter and CV before 30 January 2021 to Peter Klessens, Sr. HR Officer by using the “apply here” button in this vacancy. The first round of interviews will be by video call on the 10th of February.
Triodos Investment Management
Follow your heart. Use your head. Triodos Bank
Money has the power to get things done. At Triodos Bank we ensure that money helps change society for the better. Based on this mission, we have financed companies, institutions and projects working towards positive social, ecological and cultural change for 40 years. We owe all this to the savers and investors who choose to invest in a fair, sustainable and humane society.
Triodos Investment Management (Triodos IM), a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, is a globally recognised leader in impact investment. Triodos IM currently manages 16 funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 4.9 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitments of our partners. More information? See .
We continuously look for ways to make new impact themes investable and offer new investment solutions (funds, vehicles, other products) to our investors. In view of an increasing demand and opportunities for new impact investing funds, Triodos IM is looking for an entrepreneurial, relation-oriented co-worker for the development, implementation and launch of new investable impact themes.