About the Job
FaithInvest, an international NGO that helps faith groups invest in line with their values, is seeking an exceptional individual to be its new Chief Executive. This is a unique opportunity for someone with a rare and special combination of talents – a highly influential strategic thinker who is as comfortable in the faith world as in the investment world, and who shares our passion for growing the movement of faith-consistent investing globally.
FaithInvest was established in 2019 with an interim CEO as a non-profit membership organisation for religious asset holders and faith-based investors worldwide. We empower faiths to use their investments to create a better world – for people and planet – by providing a global network, knowledge hub and consolidated voice for faith groups and faith-based organisations engaged in investments.
Our new CEO will be responsible for leading FaithInvest from its current start-up phase to maturity and for spearheading our mission to grow faith-consistent investing worldwide. We are not fund managers. We do not make investment decisions for the faiths. Instead, we help the faiths to develop their own ethical investment policies and practices in line with their own core beliefs and values.
You will be motivated by multi-faith collaboration and the use of investment capital and business to effect positive change in the world. Charismatic, energetic and values-driven, you will have a strong track record of delivering transformation and cultural change, ideally in the areas of faith, environmental and social sustainability and/or ethical finance/investing. You will:
- Be as confident conversing with faith leaders ¬– whether Christian or Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist, Jewish or Daoist – as you are communicating with investment professionals around financial investments and related areas, for example, ESG, impact investing.
- Have a strong track record of success at a senior level within an organisation (ideally a non-profit).
- Be an experienced people-and-project manager who can lead a strong, cohesive team in driving the organisation forward and serving our members, whilst working remotely.
- Have exceptional networking and relationship-building skills.
- Have a proven track record in successful income generation and fundraising.
Practical details This is a full time, permanent post (subject to funding – secured to September 2022) with initial review after six months. FaithInvest is a remote working organisation, with three-day residential team meetings held in the UK every 6-8 weeks. While the role is open to candidates globally, factors such as the candidate's ability to do the job effectively, time zones, the cost of travel (including the impact on the environmental footprint) will be taken into account in the appointment.
- Salary: £130,000
- Hours: Full time
- Duration: Permanent subject to funding (secured to September 2022) with initial review after 6 months
- Benefits: 28 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, with Christmas office closure as discretionary additional leave; pension scheme (5% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution)
- Closing Date: Midnight, 8 January 2021
- Notification Date: by 13 January 2021
- First Interview Date: w/c 18 January 2021
For the full job specification, visit "+www.faithinvest.org/work-with-us+":http://www.faithinvest.org/work-with-us.
Please submit a covering letter and resume addressing the full person specification in the information pack available "+here+":https://www.faithinvest.org/work-with-us. Apply via "+https://nfp-people.online/applynow/342b7679a9b59aba+":https://nfp-people.online/applynow/342b7679a9b59aba.