About the Job
Role and Responsibilities
Associates are an integral part of the Social Finance team and are staffed to multiple projects that span our various service offerings. Key activities include:
Advisory and Social Investment Projects
- Analyze data and conduct literature reviews to support project design decisions, test hypotheses, and drive recommendations
- Conduct economic cost-benefit and financial modeling
- Create presentation materials to share analysis, key findings and recommendations to internal team and external partners
- Support drafting of key governance documents
- Research potential project partners, analyzing their performance and ability to achieve future outcomes
- Collaborate with evaluation firms, when needed, to identify and measure key performance outcomes
- Work with current service provider partners to achieve project outcomes
- Support capital raise and investor management
- Write blog posts and support the creation of white papers and reports that publish key learnings and findings from our work
- Contribute to and support research efforts in social issue areas and interventions under consideration for Pay for Success applications
- Support analysis and writing for responses to proposal documents (i.e. Requests for Proposals) and concept notes for potential business opportunities
- Create communications materials and prepare managers for external calls to source new opportunities
- Contribute to capacity building initiatives, such as recruiting, professional development, knowledge management, fundraising, or other internal projects
- Provide real-time feedback to team members to support professional growth and contribute to high-quality deliverables
- Support senior management, internal functional teams, and Social Finance project teams as needed
We are searching for candidates who enjoy overcoming obstacles and aim to achieve social impact at scale. Candidates must have:
- 2+ years of experience in a role with significant analytical responsibility
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; basic statistical knowledge is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present findings in a compelling way; ability to quickly research, synthesize and summarize key lessons on unfamiliar topics
- Ability to communicate and work closely with many types of partners across multiple sectors; willingness to constructively express your point of view and hear the point of view of others, both internally and externally
- Commitment to highest quality work and accuracy, with an ability to manage multiple and competing priorities simultaneously
- Capacity to work independently while contributing to team projects as appropriate
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of key issues in nonprofit management, social interventions, government services, and/or impact investing
- Ability to adapt and be flexible
- Advanced experience in Excel and financial modeling are a plus (This posting will fill multiple roles and some roles will specifically require financial modeling abilities)
- Advanced PowerPoint experience is a plus
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Associate, Boston; Associate, Austin; or Associate, San Francisco). Review of applications will begin immediately. No phone calls please.
Social Finance, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, military status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Social Finance Inc.
About Social Finance
Social Finance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to mobilizing capital to drive social progress. We bring uncommon partners together around a common purpose: to measurably improve the lives of those in need. Through a set of outcomes-based financing strategies called Pay for Success, we work to disrupt the status quo, shifting mindsets to align resources with impact. Throughout our work we strive to uphold our commitment to our values – people, performance, integrity, and collaboration – and to principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
Our services (social investment, advisory and field building) are grounded in the core principles of Pay for Success: clearly-defined outcomes, data-driven decision making, cross-sector partnership, strong governance and accountability, and catalytic capital for impact. Our social investment teams work with cross-sector partners to design, launch, and manage Social Impact Bonds and Career Impact Bonds. Our advisory practice partners with governments, philanthropy, and nonprofits to implement outcomes-oriented approaches. The Field Building initiative helps advance Pay for Success through market education, publications, events, and research. Across all our work we aim to address the most pressing social challenges in the following areas: Children and Families, Criminal Justice, Education, Economic Mobility, Environment, Health, and Homelessness.