About the Job
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium Impact Capital (PIC) is a leading impact investment bank and advisory firm creating solutions and mobilising capital to address the world’s most pressing challenges. We work with mission-driven organisations from across the world, the majority of which are focused on emerging and frontier markets.
PIC is a team of 14 corporate finance and impact investing professionals, based primarily in London and Washington, DC. We tackle global and local problems that require creative, hands-on and people-focused approaches to mobilising capital and unlocking positive impact. We are looking for a resourceful, purpose-driven person to grow our team in in the United States.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Associate will be a critical member of our client delivery teams. You will manage or support on a variety of projects or their workstreams (usually 2-4 at a time) across PIC’s service lines – capital raising; mergers and acquisitions; and capital strategy and structuring – and across our diverse global client base. You will also be involved in business development and practice building.
Primary responsibilities of the Associate will include:
- Collaborating across team members and teams to execute project delivery and manage client relationships
- Supporting project management, including managing meetings with clients and investors, coordinating due diligence processes and maintaining data rooms
- Supporting project financial management, including monitoring budgets and invoicing clients
- Client mandate execution
- Undertaking market research, business analysis and financial modelling
- Preparing client deliverables, including presentations, transaction marketing materials, research documents and financial models
- Presenting deliverables to clients
- Overseeing work of Analysts in respect of specific project-related activities
- Providing overall support to project leaders, including in preparation of deliverables and coordination with external parties (e.g. investors, technical experts, legal counsel)
- Co-ordinating outreach to investors and tracking feedback and managing logistics (e.g. roadshows, diligence trips)
- Business development
- Collaborating in teams within Palladium Impact Capital and the Palladium Group on proposal development
- Participating in conference calls, including weekly pipeline calls, and assistance in tracking and monitoring of pipeline development
- Supporting the preparation of PIC marketing materials, proposals and pitch documents
- Contributing to the knowledge base of the team and improvement of internal processes and tools
- Managing the annual events calendar and tracking PIC participation in key sector events
- Supporting and guiding more junior colleagues
- Providing occasional support to the financial management of the business, including budgeting, forecasting and expense management and providing guidance to Analysts in this respect.
Relationships and Authority levels
- The role reports to the level of Director or Associate Director, PIC.
- Key relationships will be with your manager, project managers as well as the wider PIC team.
- The role carries a degree of autonomy with appropriate consultation. You will be required to:
- Analyse and make sound recommendations to your line manager and/or project managers in respect of the approach to executing client engagements
- Approve most client deliverables under the guidance of a senior manager and/or project manager
- Initiate expenditure on projects, where overall budgets have been approved by a senior manager or project manager
- Supervise and/or possibly manage at least one direct report in line with Palladium’s performance excellence model.
We are seeking an individual with relevant work experience in transaction advisory, impact investment or strategy consulting.
Share our values and passions
- See impact investing as a means to put finance to work to help solve some of the most pressing global issues
- Look for root causes of problems and try to understand those in their broader context
- Come up with creative solutions to complex issues and see them through to implementation
- Be willing to learn and be someone who we can learn from
Have a strong work ethic
- Balance multiple demands with keen attention to detail and light supervision
- Display strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Deliver consistently high levels of accuracy, efficiency and follow-through
- Exercise independent judgement and proactively ask questions as needed
Have the desire to succeed in a transaction environment and in impact investment
- Have experience and/or undertaken studies in one of the following: corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, development finance, venture capital, strategy consulting, accountancy or a related field
- Employ exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Be highly proficient in creating and structuring content in PowerPoint and Word.
- Have a sound understanding of financial modelling
- Be able to structure and organise datasets in Excel
The Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.