About the Job
Company: Do Good CFO
Role Title: Financial Planning & Analysis Associate
Project Location: Remote. Anywhere (Ideally within +/- 3 hours of PST). International is OK.
Structure: Part-time Contractor position with potential to grow quickly into full-time role
Start Date: early 2021
Do Good CFO is looking for someone, who is analytical, loves excel models, is a good communicator and is passionate about scaling social enterprises. There is never a dull moment since the work entails engaging with multiple social enterprises at once.
- Management and updating of client financial models, including sales forecasts inventory and working capital management, expense management, and other key strategic levers
- Strategic advisory to clients based on financial models and forecasting
- Analysis of client cash flow alongside key managers
- Coordinate clients’ financial reporting with bookkeepers;
- Analysis of scenarios to promote company short, medium, and long-term success
- Preparation for debt and equity financing, including due diligence
- Development of management dashboard of key business drivers and KPI’s
- Creation of documents and tools to support CFO, CEO in engaging with investors and Board of Directors
- Internal Do Good CFO administrative projects including preparation of marketing materials, internal tools, scheduling etc.
- Highly personable and ability to establish rapport
- A roll-up the sleeves, entrepreneurial, can-do attitude
- Direct and transparent communication style
- Ability to take ownership and drive activities/projects to completion
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Comfortable working in entrepreneurial small organizations, at times with ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Minimum of BA, ideally in economics, finance or business
- Minimum 2 years work experience in financial capacity for a small, growing business
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. Quickbooks, Xero)
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Passion for social and environmental change
Contact David Guendelman with CV and thoughtful email answering the following questions:
- What roles/jobs have you held that prepare you for this position?
- What about this position gets you excited?
- What are your compensation requirements?
- What else would you like to share about yourself?
Do Good CFO
Do Good CFO is a CFO and financial advisor to world class social entrepreneurs and B-corps, helping them scale from early stage to $20M+ companies. Early stage companies hire Do Good CFO because they can’t afford a full time CFO but they know they need to build financial sustainability into their DNA. Principal and Founder, David Guendelman has two decades of experience as co-founder, CFO and financial advisor to companies including Lotus Foods, Straus Family Creamery, Tanka Bar, Farmer Direct Organics, Uncommon Cacao, Thanksgiving Coffee, Community Foods Market, World of Good and other companies changing the world through fair trade, economic justice, as well as organic and environmental sustainable practices. Do Good CFO has raised over $50M in debt and equity for its clients and has long lasting relationships with clients, some of them spanning a decade. (Check out some Do Good CFO clients at ).