About the Job
The Market Building Manager is responsible for developing and executing a program of activities that supports collaboration amongst GIIN members to build the market for impact investing with two primary points of focus: 1) harmonization of practices amongst market actors; and 2) development and innovation of impact investing products and services. In addition, the Manager also plays a role in the recruitment of new members in line with the annual goals of the Membership Program as a whole. The Manager works closely with the other Managers within the Membership Program as well as pursuing a high degree of integration with other GIIN programs.
- Develop member activities that support deeper harmonization within impact investing and advance progress on the Road Map for the Future of Impact Investing industry
- Work with other GIIN Programs to develop a strategy/suite of activities that engage and leverage the membership as part of GIIN’s wider activities,
- Develop and manage targeted member Working Groups to deliver outputs that help advance harmonization of practices in impact investing,
- In collaboration with other team members, maintain ongoing communication with GIIN members to identify emerging themes and areas suited to member collaboration (via Working Groups or other means).
Launch and maintain membership offerings designed to enable members to collaboratively identify and fill capital gaps
- Engage with members on a regular basis to systematically identify themes and strategies of shared interest across segments of the membership,
- Design and execute a series of activities that support members at varying stages in the product development cycle, including individual structuring workshops as well more extended engagement processes,
- Work with colleagues to identify opportunities to deploy GIIN’s product acceleration tools in the context of other GIIN activities,
- Contribute to fundraising for product development activities.
Contribute to the continued growth of the GIIN membership.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings and other outreach to persuasively communicate the benefits of becoming a member of the GIIN,
- Execute events, in partnership with others in the GIIN team, to support the GIIN’s engagement with Members and market leadership.
Serve as an internal resource for cross-program/function coordination and maintain up-to-date information on engagement with members.
- Serve as an internal resource to other GIIN programs regarding the GIIN’s membership and their interests,
- Undertake assigned liaison/coordination roles with other parts of GIIN,
- Track member engagement in Salesforce and in other formats as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience showing ability to manage projects, key relationships, and multi-stakeholder engagements
- Direct experience in the financial sector is highly preferred and understanding of private market investing is required.
- Demonstrated relationship management experience; passion for building collaboration and playing the role of connector to help others build strong relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with public speaking/presentation experience required
- Intellectual drive, thinking about big issues, what makes and moves markets, what inspires people
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours at times of peak project flow
- Skills Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management (CRM) system is required
- Event planning experience strongly preferred
- Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values: "+https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles+":https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles
LOCATION Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. During current COVID-19 conditions, our staff is working remotely. In 2021, this position will be based in our New York City office.
COMPENSATION Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com. State: “Membership Market Building Manager”_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now nearly ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of 341 members in 49 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit "+www.thegiin.org+":https://www.thegiin.org