About the Job
As a Director Partnerships & Investor Relations (m/f/d), you will be part of YSB's mission to harness the power of business to end poverty. You will have the opportunity to work on YSB’s overall fundraising and investor relations strategy, working with the non-profit arm of YSB’s operations.
Your tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Cultivate and manage long-term relationships with our existing, national & international donor base (Germany, Europe and US-based)
- Identify and attract potential donors, including foundations, family offices, high-net-worth individuals and development agencies
- Compile information for & write compelling fundraising proposals
- Responsible for partner reporting according to contract requirements, targets, milestone tracking and project management
- Further develop YSB’s future fundraising strategy, including value proposition for development finance institutions (DFIs) and other institutions, i.e. foundations, family offices and impact first funds
- Work closely with YSB country leadership to develop and support local fundraising strategies
- Manage and expand YSB’s Anchor Partner Board of global philanthropists that provide strategic guidance
- Build new products in close association with YSB’s on-the-ground investment and corporate teams to address needs of potential investees and objectives of potential investors
- Contribute to YSB’s overall strategy process and product development with senior leadership team
- Supervise our lean fundraising team and support their capacity and capability development
- Gain deep understanding of YSB’s financial and non-financial offerings to social businesses and portfolio companies
What we have to offer
You will be able to work in a flexible and high performing environment with team members from all around the world. We are a network organization, and we work with partners and freelancers to build scalable solutions to the biggest problems of our times. You will have the chance to tap this network and work on the forefront of impact-driven business projects and demonstrate the effects that purpose-driven businesses have on economic success.
We are an outcome-driven organization with flat hierarchies, focused on creating impact while maintaining a healthy focus on the well-being of our colleagues. We offer excellent training and learning opportunities, 28 vacation days, a company pension plan, and a home office allowance. Our office in Berlin is located in lively Kreuzkölln, with excellent connections to public transport.
As a YSB standard, the first contract is limited (2 years), with the possibility of turning it into a permanent one upon renewal.
We believe in equal opportunities. We cherish diversity and try our best to build an inclusive team.
- Solid experience in one or ideally a combination of these areas:
Fundraising for large NGOs and/or VC / PE firms
Relationship management in private banking / family offices
Management / business consulting
- You have a track record of delivering on an annual multi million fundraising target
- You have an existing network with foundations, high-net-worth individuals, relevant intermediaries or DFIs (especially in Germany and Europe)
- Ideally, you have work experience with/in start-ups
- You understand the social entrepreneurship & impact investment space
- You have a passion for social business and the ventures we invest in
- First-hand experience in developing countries is a plus
- You have a hands-on mentality and like the start-up working mode in small teams
- You feel comfortable working on all aspects of fundraising, from proposal writing to donor relationship management
- You have excellent communication and relationship management skills; you know how to easily engage people with your charismatic, positive personality and social business story-telling
- You are comfortable interacting with senior executives and investors, and (re-)presenting YSB at events, on panels, and presentations
- You work independently and exercise good judgment
- You have a high level of personal integrity and teamwork spirit
- You are fluent in English and German (min. Level C proficiency are a must)
- You are flexible to travel nationally (Germany) or internationally, if required (>25%)
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2020, sending (as a single PDF)
- Your English Resume (max. 2 pages, without a photo)
- A meaningful cover letter, mentioning where you’ve heard of this opportunity, explaining your motivation for the job, your enthusiasm for the role and, most importantly, what makes you a good fit for the position
- Your earliest starting date and your salary expectations
Please mention ‘Director Partnerships & Investor Relations’ in the subject line of your application. Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis.
Contact Person: Eliane Knobbe
We look forward to hearing from you!
Yunus Social Business
Yunus Social Business (YSB) is a philanthropic fund for social businesses and venture builder for corporate social businesses. Co-founded in 2011 by Nobel Peace Laureate Muhammad Yunus, our mission is to promote social business as a sustainable alternative to long-term aid, bridging the gap between business and philanthropy.
YSB is headquartered in Berlin, with on-the-ground presence in Brazil, Colombia, India, Kenya and Uganda. Today, our social businesses already serve over 13 million people in emerging and developing countries.
We are currently a global team of 50+ people with experience in entrepreneurship, consulting, venture capital, business incubation, finance and international development. We also work with an amazing community of freelance impact and business consultants, design thinking experts, startup catalysts and mentors for our projects.