About the Job
Palladium Impact Capital (PIC) is a leading impact investment bank creating solutions and mobilising capital to address the world’s most pressing challenges. We work with mission-driven organisations from across the world, the majority of which are focused on emerging and frontier markets.
PIC is a team of 14 corporate finance and impact investing professionals, based primarily in London and Washington, DC. We tackle global and local problems that require creative, hands-on and people-focused approaches to mobilising capital and unlocking positive impact. We are looking for a resourceful, purpose-driven person to grow our team in London.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate will provide critical support to project managers and will manage selected project workstreams. You will be a key contributor for executing on a variety of projects (usually 2-4 at a time) across PIC’s service lines – capital raising; mergers and acquisitions; and capital strategy and structuring – and across our diverse global client base. You will also be involved in business development and practice building.
Primary responsibilities of the Associate will include:
- Supporting project management, including participation in and documentation of calls with clients and investors, managing due diligence processes and maintaining data rooms
- Leading assigned project workstreams and being responsible for selected client deliverables, including presenting those to the client
- Supporting project financial management, including monitoring budget, invoicing and collections
Client mandate execution
- Undertaking market research, business analysis and financial modelling
- Preparing client deliverables, including presentations, transaction marketing materials, research documents and financial models
- Overseeing work of Analysts in respect of specific project-related activities
- Providing overall support to project managers, including in preparation of deliverables and coordination of external parties (e.g. legal counsel)
- Co-ordinating outreach to investors and tracking feedback and managing logistics (e.g. roadshows, diligence trips)
- Participating in conference calls, including weekly pipeline calls, and assistance in tracking and monitoring of pipeline developments
- If required, from time to time, working with other teams within the Palladium Group, for example on proposal development or financial modelling tasks
- Supporting the preparation of PIC marketing materials, proposals and pitch documents
- Co-leading preparation of proposals and conference presentations
- Contributing to the knowledge base of the team and improvement of internal processes and tools
- Managing the annual events calendar and tracking PIC participation in key sector events
- Supporting and guiding more junior colleagues
- Providing occasional support to the financial management of the business, including budgeting, forecasting and expense management and providing guidance to Analysts in this respect.
Relationships and Authority levels
- The role reports to the level of Director, PIC.
- Key relationships will be with your manager, project managers as well as the wider PIC team.
- The role carries a degree of autonomy with appropriate consultation. You will be required to:
- Analyse and make sound recommendations to your line manager and/or project managers in respect of client engagements
- Approve most client deliverables under the guidance of a senior manager and/or project manager
- Initiate expenditure on projects, where overall budgets have been approved by a senior manager or project manager
- Likely manage at least one direct report in line with Palladium’s performance excellence model.
We are seeking an individual with strong academic credentials, including a post-graduate finance qualification such as CFA, MBA, MSc in Finance or equivalent, and relevant work experience in financial advisory, investment or equivalent.
Share our values and passions
- See impact investing as a means to put finance to work to help solve some of the most pressing global issues
- Look for root causes of problems and try to understand those in their broader context
- Come up with creative solutions to complex issues and see them through to implementation
- Be willing to learn and be someone who we can learn from
Have a strong work ethic
- Balance multiple demands with keen attention to detail and light supervision
- Display strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Deliver consistently high levels of accuracy, efficiency and follow-through
- Exercise independent judgement and proactively ask questions as needed
Have the desire to succeed in a transaction environment and in impact investment
- Have experience or undertaken studies in one of the following: corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, development finance, venture capital, accountancy or related field
- Employ excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Have a sound understanding of financial modelling
- Be able to structure and organise datasets in Excel
- Be proficient in using PowerPoint and Word.
Please note: the closing date for applications is Friday 30th October 2020.
Please submit a cover letter with your application as those without a cover letter will not be considered. Thank you
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.