About the Job
The Credit Portfolio Manager is a VP/Executive Director level role that will lead day-to-day oversight, monitoring, and management of the loan portfolios of the Closed Loop Infrastructure Fund (founded in 2014) and the Closed Loop Beverage Fund (founded in 2019).
The portfolio manager will collaborate with the investment team of the fund to source, diligence, structure and negotiate new loans for the portfolio; provide strategic input and market insight to the investment team and to the funds’ independent boards of advisors; work in tandem with our Impact Due Diligence team and experts within the investment team to measure, manage and monitor specific environmental and social impact outcomes; help the firm launch new credit funds and other credit products as opportunities arise; manage and mentor a small team of investment analysts.
- Minimum 10 years experience in finance, strategy consulting or related experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior credit role, including direct lending, private credit investing, municipal finance, credit risk management; experience in asset-based lending preferred; experience in SRI-linked lending or blended finance a plus but not required
- Experienced in full deal cycle, from origination to credit analysis to loan negotiation and restructuring
- Comfort reviewing and negotiating standard credit agreements
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, and highly collaborative
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Proficient financial modeling skills
- Highest standard of personal and professional ethics and integrity
- Genuine interest in sustainable finance, infrastructure and the recycling sector
Closed Loop Partners
Founded in 2014, Closed Loop Partners (a certified B-Corp) is an SEC-registered asset management firm and innovation center focused on building the circular economy. Our investments align capitalism with positive social and environmental impact by reducing waste and greenhouse gas emissions via materials innovation, advanced recycling technologies, landfill diversion, supply chain optimization and resource efficiency.
Closed Loop Partners’ investors and clients include the world’s largest consumer packaged goods companies, retailers, and technology companies, as well as institutional investors and family offices. Our asset management business spans venture capital, growth equity, project finance, and buyout private equity. Our Center for the Circular Economy leads groundbreaking research and pre-competitive collaborations to advance systemic, circular solutions for a variety of industries.