About the Job
The Impact Capital Managers mission is to accelerate the performance of our members and to scale the impact investing marketplace with integrity and authenticity. We do this through our membership association, which today includes 53 funds representing more than $11B in impact-focused private capital, and through field-building initiatives and partnerships. The ICM network of peers is engaged and collaborative by nature. General partners join our community to find resources and to be a resource to others in equal measure. As part of our commitment to grow the marketplace with integrity, members must meet certain criteria and admission is by invitation only.
The ICM Fellow will support the ICM Executive Director and Director of Programs, with a focus on marketing, design, and communications strategy, but with the opportunity to engage across the full range of ICM workstreams. The successful candidate will be able to commit to appx. 10 hours a week from start date through the end date, on/around January 31, 2021. There may be an option to extend the Fellowship through the spring. This is a remote position and as such the Fellow is expected to use her/his/their own computer and WiFi and will connect to meetings by phone and Zoom.
As a Fellow at Impact Capital Managers, you will gain broad exposure to impact investing and direct, unparalleled experience with leaders in private equity and venture capital who are deeply committed to both impact and financial return. You'll also build skills in operations and nonprofit management while working on mission-critical projects. The Fellowship is a fantastic opportunity to deepen impact investing skills and develop a network capable of launching an exciting career in this rapidly growing field. A competitive stipend will be provided.
- Create a user-friendly ICM member directory to help members and external stakeholders learn about our funds (online and/or in PDF format)
- Update and improve the ICM website, including “ICM Members by the Numbers” and Impact Map, and post to ICM social media accounts; develop content for monthly newsletter
- Provide occasional support on virtual events from invitation design, outreach, planning, execution and follow-up
- Provide occasional support on the 2021 Mosaic Fellowship Program application, review, and onboarding process
- Facilitate new member recruitment and support a consistent on-boarding process; update membership roster and support consistent use of member resources
- Solid understanding of impact investing a must; understanding of market-rate strategies and/or impact investing in North America, a plus
- Independent, enterprising self-starter who is comfortable working in a small team in a start-up atmosphere and taking on a high level of responsibility for both administrative and strategic projects
- Strong ability to prioritize, project manage and proactively push projects forward to completion – without sacrificing quality
- Excellent communication skills, including business writing ability, and an eye for design
- Strong technology and software skills, including MS Office and Zoom; experience running virtual events and experience using Squarespace a must; experience with Tableau and Adobe, a plus
- Exceptional academic record and at least 2 years of professional experience
We hope to find the right candidate as soon as possible and will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please apply by sending the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ICM Fellow Fall 2020” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Brief cover letter explaining your interest
- A short (3 page maximum) writing sample or presentation that is 100% your work
- Your resume
ICM is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from individuals who identify with groups historically underrepresented in finance and investing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or parental or veteran status.
Impact Capital Managers
Impact Capital Managers (ICM) is committed to advancing the performance of our 50+ private capital fund members, and growing the impact investing market with integrity and authenticy. Today our members represent over $11B in impact-focused private capital at work across North America. We share a passion for supporting entrepreneurs and scaling businesses that will realize a more equitable, resilient, and sustainable future, and the knowledge that skillful impact investing can achieve superior returns.