About the Job
This position is within Calvert Research and Management (“CRM”), a subsidiary of Eaton Vance. CRM is a global investor and recognized leader in responsible investing. Our mission is to serve clients and outperform the market through our proprietary responsible investment management strategy and thereby make the world more environmentally sustainable and socially just.
For this position, Calvert is seeking an individual who is passionate about ESG data and data analytics/reporting, technology platforms, and creating a positive impact on the environment and society. The ESG Data and Impact Management Associate will provide critical support in the creation of proprietary ESG platforms and executing on Calvert’s nascent impact management and reporting initiatives.
- Support CRM’s numerous impact management and reporting initiatives in understanding methodology, data coverage, strengths and weaknesses of ESG data across various investment impact topics
- Internally coordinate Calvert’s evolving data requirements from all CRM departments during vendor trials and serve as a key point of contact between Calvert and EV Market Data
- Extract data from multiple internal and external sources and generate reports and data feeds with accuracy; as IT resources become available, assist in the automation of these reports and dashboards
- Perform critical quality control data and systems checks to ensure accuracy of ESG data in research systems, investment models, engagement planning and tracking, and impact reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology Management or finance industry or equivalent to 2+ years of professional experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Strong communication skills, being able to interface effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated, with the ability to take direction and work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest/experience in responsible investing and positive investment impact
Is a Plus:
- Experience with financial tools and databases (Bloomberg, FactSet, etc.)
- Conversant with ESG topics, ESG data vendors, and trends in/challenges with ESG impact reporting
- Knowledge of data visualization platforms (Tableau, OBIEE, Power BI, etc.)
Eaton Vance is a leader in pioneering innovative investment strategies that address investor needs amid changing market environments. As a company, we have long embraced six core values: integrity, professionalism, teamwork, client focus, creativity/adaptability and excellence. As a workplace, Eaton Vance offers its employees a quality work environment and a congenial, collaborative atmosphere.
The company is consistently ranked among the Top 100 Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe.