About the Job
The Beyond Capital Fund Investment Fellow role is designed for you to contribute and grow the investment activities and governance of an innovative impact investing organization. As our Fellow, you will work directly with the Leadership Team and Investment Associate who will help guide your workflow and deliverables. The role will report to the CEO and Investment Associate.
The Fellow is a crucial role in enabling Beyond Capital’s impact investments into seed stage social enterprises. Among other work deliverables, at the discretion of the CEO, your responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing investment deals and maintaining a deal tracking system;
- Managing deals through the investment process and co-leading diligence with experienced investment professionals;
- Interfacing with co-investors on prospective deals and current investments;
- Assessing markets of our investment focus and preparing research reports and presentations;
- Drafting internal presentations to our Investment Committee;
- Taking notes on all investment-related calls;
- Contributing to improve processes, reduce risks, increase controls.
This is a full-time, remote position for a 6-month term. Fellow will be offered a stipend.
- Hands-on, practical training in impact investing;
- Opportunity to work one-on-one with the Leadership Team, Investment Committee, and Board of Directors;
- Connection to a network of Alumni and volunteer members from top universities across the globe;
With exceptional performance, personal referral and reference from CEO, Board Chairman, and Chief Investment Officer for positions in the highly competitive impact-investing field and/or graduate school programs.
- Must have completed a four-year undergraduate level degree program;
- 2-3 years of experience at an investment banking or consulting firm;
- Superior academic and performance record;
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and written skills, and a high level of maturity;
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently as well as on a team;
- Proven evidence of entrepreneurial ability and mindset;
- Self-directed and creative;
- Passion for impact investing and its potential to change the world with market-based solutions;
- Fluent in use of Microsoft Office suite: Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
This will be a highly competitive process, with only one position available. To apply, please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond Capital Fund
Beyond Capital is an impact investment fund that invests in for-profit social enterprises throughout India and East Africa. We invest in businesses that are focused on greater access to health care, water, sanitation, and energy, as well as food security and financial inclusion, which can increase the quality of life and standard of living for consumers at the bottom of the pyramid. Though we seek market-rate financial returns, Beyond Capital is structured as a non-profit, which permits us to emphasize fidelity to our social mission alongside our financial mandate.