About the Job
Neuberger Berman believes that integrating material environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into our investment processes helps to better deliver our clients’ investment objectives. The firm has a long history of integrating ESG factors into its investment strategies. The firm’s ESG and impact investment professionals are responsible for deepening Neuberger Berman’s commitment to ESG by enhancing the integration of material ESG factors across equities, fixed income, and private investment strategies. This includes enhancing the firm’s proprietary ESG analytical and investment capabilities, and developing and implementing sustainable and impact investing strategies.
The successful candidate will report to the Principal and Senior Vice President of ESG and Impact Investing with a focus on private markets, especially private equity. The successful individual would be an integral member of the firm’s private markets team and will have an opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on the firm’s ESG and sustainability related initiatives.
- Support the execution of ESG and impact-related analysis as part of the due diligence of private equity fund and direct investment opportunities.
- Maintain and enhance monitoring and assessment of ESG and impact-related performance related to portfolio management.
- Develop investor-facing materials including reporting of ESG and impact-related performance, on both a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Contribute to thought leadership through research and writing, and client engagement through content development and production of presentation materials.
- Maintain and enhance the firm’s ESG and impact management capabilities, including staying abreast of industry trends and regulations, and engaging with industry collaborations.
- Support other relevant activities, including but not limited to: GP engagement on ESG topics, fundraising and client communications including requests for proposals, management of CRM systems and databases, etc.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the firm on projects to support the successful implementation of the firm’s overall ESG investing strategy.
- Proven relevant experience in ESG investing or impact investing, and high proficiency in ESG and impact investing data, frameworks, reporting, and industry best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in private markets, which may have come from work experience in private equity, investment banking, investment management, or management consulting.
- Strong analytical and written/verbal communication skills, including synthesizing research and concepts into actionable insights and investor-facing deliverables in a timely manner.
- Team-oriented and organized, with the proven ability to manage multiple projects with a broad range of stakeholders to deliver results in a dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious self-starter with a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Accountable, with a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and maturity.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and other data systems.
- Undergraduate degree with excellent academic credentials and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
Neuberger Berman, founded in 1939, is a private, independent, employee-owned investment manager. The firm manages a range of strategies—including equity, fixed income, quantitative and multi-asset class, private equity, real estate and hedge funds—on behalf of institutions, advisors and individual investors globally. With offices in 24 countries, Neuberger Berman's diverse team has 2,300 professionals. For six consecutive years, the company has been named first or second in Pensions & Investments Best Places to Work in Money Management survey (among those with 1,000 employees or more). The firm was awarded an A+ in every category in the latest 2020 Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) report for our approach to ESG integration across asset classes. The firm manages $357 billion in client assets as of June 30, 2020. For more information, please visit our website at .