About the Job
As part of the development of its operations in Africa, MicroRate is looking for a Bilingual Senior Risk Analyst (French and English).
- Preparing the rating missions (preliminary analysis of the MFI and the country of operation, processing of the financial statements, reading of the documents and policies of the MFI).
- Conducting the evaluation mission remotely or in the field. The tasks will include conducting interviews, analyze financial and management information and preparing the closing meeting.
- Post-visit analysis and report writing.
- Preparing reports/notes on various topics (issues specific to the Africa region, among others).
- Participating in business development activities for the region: analysis of the sector by country, sending information to potential customers.
- Participating in specific projects (to be determined) to improve the methodology, indicators, and evaluation tools.
- Educational Background: Finance and/or Accounting.
- Experience: at least 5 years in financial analysis, microfinance and/or audit.
- Native English and French required.
- Good analytical, writing and synthesis skills.
- Knowledge of or interest in the microfinance sector.
- International experience.
- Effective while working remotely.
- Strong ethic and commitment.
Dakar (Senegal) or other West African country.
The position requires availability to travel 40% of the time (approximately one week per month) in countries where MicroRate's client MFIs are located.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English to email@example.com stating "Senior Risk Analyst – Africa" in the subject of your e-mail.
MicroRate is the leading microfinance rating agency dedicated to assessing financial and social performance of microfinance institutions (MFIs). Since its inception in 1997, MicroRate has completed more than 1,300 MFI ratings in Latin America, Africa, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia.
MicroRate is also the first specialized rating agency to be recognized by the National Regulatory Authority of Peru and authorized to perform credit ratings of regulated MFIs in that country. The organization remains independent of any link that could compromise its objectivity. MicroRate is a privately held company based in the Lima (Peru).