About the Job
This is a key role at one of the world's most successful impact funds, with over $1bn invested to date. Following the successful raise of their most recent fund last year they are now seeking to bolster the investor relations team before their next fundraise in 2021. The primary focus of the role is to contribute to the success of the Investor Relations function by further building Investor Relations globally. This will be achieved primarily through the development of IR activity, fundraisings, and a marketable IR competency.
- Customising investor-specific materials to respond to unique requests, including completion of due diligence questionnaires (DDQs) and annual/quarterly data requests
- Scanning the broader private equity and impact marketplace for potential investors and synthesising relevant information to understand potential investor interest, suitability, and identifying contacts for engagement
- Coordinating fundraising roadshows across multiple geographies and preparing the leadership team for investor meetings, including systematic tracking of engagement, meeting notes and follow-up actions
- Contributing to preparation of fundraise and development & maintenance of fund marketing materials and dataroom
- Organising due diligence events, including management of logistics, communicating with investors, coordinating and briefing the team, and developing materials
- Maintain systematic and best-in-class engagement with investors, including overall data entry and management of the CRM system and production of regular dashboard outputs for IR and/or Leadership team
- With Finance and the funds administrator, maintain LP portal to ensure regular and systematic reporting with LP contacts
- Support preparation and execution of regular LP Advisory Committee and Innovation Committee meetings, including scheduling, defining topic/agenda, preparing presentation and briefing material, briefing speakers, and minuting;
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in private markets fundraising and/or investor relations.
- A genuine passion for the profit with purpose vision, aligned to the firms work and impact;
- Intellectual drive and capacity. Ability to analyse information and present compelling arguments, quickly grasping and effectively communicating concepts to diverse audiences
- Central to the role is the ability to effectively communicate with investors and the internal team, across written and verbal mediums. It is critical that you will have the capability to communicate with senior executives at institutional investors in a way that demonstrates an understanding of the strategic imperatives for them
Solid financial background, with a robust understanding of private equity fund structuring and terms, fund performance metrics and portfolio financials that are critical to the role