About the Job
Would you like to help influence the direction of Alector's growth as a public company, including working closely with the key executives in leading fundraising efforts to execute on our strategic plan? Do you value building organizational capabilities and influencing talented interdisciplinary teams, where everyone has an independent voice, and everyone is working together to create novel therapies?
Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, the Senior Director of Investor Relations and Capital Markets is responsible for developing and leading Alector's strategy and execution to maximize shareholder value, including planning capital raises, leading company’s relationship with the financial community, and managing equity capital markets. This role will also serve as business partner in the development, implementation and communication of corporate strategy which may include an array of activities, including fundraising.
In addition, you’ll advise business functions to implement feedback and input from the broader industry and markets to ensure timely and efficient progress of our programs and our corporate strategy.
Use your hard-earned skills to help us achieve our mission of saving lives by curing neurodegeneration.
During your first year, your goals will include:
- Developing a deep and thorough understanding of the company’s science, R&D pipeline, strategy, and the broader neurodegeneration drug development and commercial market
- Partnering with CBO, and other executives to play a key leadership role in fundraising activities and managing relationships within the financial community
- Leading the development of short, mid and long-term capital raising strategy of Alector that is aligned with overall corporate strategy and goals. These will include all available funding opportunities such as equity, royalty, convertible debt and other financial vehicles
- Leading the development of a targeted investor relations strategy and execution of that strategy in order to maximize the company’s long-term value creation. This will include, orchestrating quarterly earnings processes, annual R&D day, non-deal roadshows and analyst/investor meetings
- Leading a function that partners with many internal departments at Alector to provide feedback and guidance and to ensure continued progress of our programs
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are very accomplished, with a successful track record and a minimum of 10+ years of experience in investor relations, corporate development, finance and investments in Biotech or the Life Sciences industry
- PhD, MD or other advanced degree preferred; MBA preferred but not required
- You have demonstrated a strong ability to perform in-depth analyses of science and technology and distill this information to efficiently communicate to the investment community
- You take pride in being persistent, innovative, and strategic
- You have demonstrated success in managing external relationships with the financial community and have established relationships with industry analysts, institutional investors and media organizations
- You possess strong communication skills, with the ability to translate and simplify complex information for research analysts, investors and the public
- You have a demonstrated track record of being a great teammate and a strong leader, with experience leading a fast-growing organization. You take pride in coaching and mentoring other members of team on all aspects of the IR and fundraising process
- You have a strong point of view but are low ego
At Alector, our mission is to develop therapies that empower the immune system to cure neurodegeneration. Our team is solely focused on developing cures for some of the most challenging diseases facing our society. We are supported in this mission by experienced and accomplished scientists and board members, leading healthcare investors and some of the most innovative pharma companies.