About the Job
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, safe water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA advances the global mission of UNICEF by rallying the American public to support the world’s most vulnerable children. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit .
Impact Investing Associate / Senior Associate, UNICEF USA Impact Fund for Children
The Impact Fund for Children is an impact investing affiliate of UNICEF USA that uses innovative finance tools to enhance UNICEF’s ability to achieve its mission worldwide for every child. We established our first financial tool, the Bridge Fund, in 2011, which remains our core business today, and launched a new guaranty fund named the Fast Fund to help UNICEF during COVID. The Bridge Fund accelerates funding to UNICEF to bridge the timing gaps that arise between when financial commitments are made and cash is secured to ensure its life-saving work continues seamlessly around the world when speed or continuity is essential.
It is an exciting and dynamic time to join the Impact Fund for Children as we develop and execute our strategy for growth and build out our team. We seek to substantially expand the Bridge Fund’s activity, as well as pilot new impact investing products in partnership with UNICEF, including SME lending and development impact bonds, among others.
With large, unmet global financing needs for children and inadequate progress on child-related indicators for the Sustainable Development Goals 2030 (the “SDGs”), we seek to maximize the potential of impact investing to enable UNICEF and UNICEF USA to foster systemic, sustainable improvements in child survival and socio-economic opportunity. Our vision is to position UNICEF, UNICEF USA, and the Impact Fund as the brands offering some of the most attractive funding opportunities for impact investors and catalytic donors seeking to help solve the biggest challenges confronting children worldwide.
The Impact Investing Associate will function as a member of Impact Fund for Children team to provide a high level of administrative and project management support including financial analyses responsibilities. The Associate will support both administrative and operational projects with a high degree of autonomy, and will include opportunities for growth and professional development as appropriate.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Collect, develop and draft the preparation and follow-up of materials for meetings and engagements (briefing memo’s prior to external meetings, agendas, creation of PowerPoint presentations and excel charts)
- Provide support for Impact Fund Board Meetings by preparing agenda materials, scheduling meetings, creating board book
- Organize IF4C programs, events, or conferences by arranging logistics, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, and managing event budget
- Manage key projects including but not limited to: production of IF4C quarterly and annual reports, strategic research on impact investing opportunities, financial analyses, coordination with Finance team
- Coordinate external communications and maintain IF4C website and key marketing materials
- Assist with cashflow management
- First point of contact for inquiries to the Impact Fund for Children, screening incoming calls and correspondence, responding independently or routing to the appropriate office
- Responsible for team calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external parties to coordinate a variety of meetings and events
- Work closely with UUSA senior management team and their support staff
- Manage the President’s travel schedule and arrangements
- Maintain budgets and reimbursements for IF4C-driven projects
- Process invoices, contracts and expenses
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 2 years related experience; relevant project management experience and preferred finance and/or investing experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Can prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner; able to adapt to changing and competing needs
- Able to interface with all levels of staff and senior executives both internal and external to the organization while maintaining tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to be self-directed and work both independently and in a team, ability to follow-through and complete deliverables effectively and efficiently
- Thoroughness and attention to detail are essential
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience creating with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and designing presentations
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
- Experience with nonprofits broadly and impact investing is preferred but not required
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, safe water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit .