About the Job
Calvert Impact Capital is seeking an experienced investment professional to join the Investments team. This individual will be integral to the execution of Calvert Impact Capital’s global portfolio strategy. This person will focus on advancing the current enterprise and portfolio strategy as well as identifying opportunities for innovation and growth. This person will work collaboratively with other members of the Investments team to find, develop, structure, underwrite, originate, and monitor financing opportunities that scale proven models of success and/or demonstrate new intermediary financing capacity and solutions across all impact sectors within the portfolio. Collaboration with the Syndications team will also be an important part of the role. As a small investments team we are all generalists, and as such, this person will engage in all impact sectors of the global portfolio, including renewable energy, environmental sustainability, financial inclusion and small business/SME finance, affordable housing, education, and health as needed. The position may require moderate international travel (in the future, when travel is permitted and safe) and is based in Bethesda, MD.
- Develop high quality and impactful financing opportunities that drive growth of Calvert Impact Capital’s investment portfolio and syndications business by:
- Identifying financing opportunities that align with sector theories of change, portfolio strategy, risk appetite, and syndication co-lender interests;
- Structuring to ensure credit risk of proposed investment is mitigated and is operationally and economically feasible;
- Performing due diligence of borrower/fund manager/counterparty and underlying transactions;
- Presenting investment opportunities to staff and board investment committees;
- Cultivating and managing philanthropic and other credit enhancement providers and co-lenders;
- On-going partner relationship management and monitoring of financial and social impact performance;
- Identify sector and portfolio credit risk trends, manage actively monitored and/or classified assets, and re-structure troubled loans and implement work-outs as needed; Manage, coach, and mentor small team of investment officers;
- Advance Calvert Impact Capital’s industry leadership through network building, representation at industry conferences, and online and social media communications.
Interested candidates can send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please mention 'Officer, Investments' in the subject line.
A CAREER WITH CALVERT IMPACT CAPITAL
Calvert Impact Capital is committed to building an organization that is diverse and inclusive as we believe that this is essential to our success. Our culture is best described as passion-driven, transparent, collaborative, and fun.
For employees and eligible dependents, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental coverage, as well as disability coverage, life insurance, personal time off and sick leave. Our employer-sponsored retirement plan includes a generous match to 401K contributions for employees after 90 days of employment. We also offer stipends for professional development activities, fitness memberships, and transportation.
Calvert Impact Capital
Calvert Impact Capital invests to create a more equitable and sustainable world. Through our products and services, we raise capital from individual and institutional investors to finance intermediaries and funds that are investing in communities around the world for a financial return and an intentional, measurable, social and environmental return. During our 25-year history, we have mobilized $2 billion of investor capital from more than 16,000 investors while maintaining a 100% repayment record of principle and interest to all investors. Calvert Impact Capital also offers loan syndication services, where we originate, structure and administer loans for institutional and qualified lenders seeking high impact private debt opportunities. Since the launch in 2017, we have syndicated more than $210 million of capital across 13 transactions. Learn more at: