About the Job
Calvert Impact Capital is seeking to fill an analyst position on its Investments team to support loan monitoring and credit analysis on our global portfolio. The role requires someone with strong financial analysis and Excel modeling skills, effective communications skills, a desire to understand organizations and financing structures spanning a wide variety of impact sectors and geographies, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This individual must also provide a high level of service to internal and external customers and be strongly committed to the mission of Calvert Impact Capital. This position will report to a Director on the Investments team but will work closely with all members of the team. This is a terrific opportunity for someone earlier in their career interested in debt investing for positive social and environmental impact.
- Responsible for all aspects of portfolio monitoring, including:
- Supporting Investment team members with collection of annual and quarterly due diligence materials from borrowers including financial and impact data;
- Reviewing and analyzing quarterly and annual borrower financial and other reporting, including updating financial and impact spreads, confirming covenant compliance and reporting on progress, trends and/or challenges;
- Supporting Loan Administration on loan closings and servicing as needed;
Being a positive contributor to our high-performing, mission-driven culture;
- Engaging with colleagues on the team and across the organization on special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Has the ability to construct basic financial models in Excel;
- Is systems and process minded and is familiar with relational databases (e.g., Salesforce, Airtable, and Power BI);
- Has the ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently;
- Has strong written and oral communication skills;
- Thrives at multi-tasking and skilled at prioritizing competing demands;
- Has a keen intellect combined with a good sense of humor and solid personal integrity;
- Has a positive, forward-looking approach directed to overcoming obstacles and a “can-do” attitude to implement solutions;
- Has an undergraduate degree, with relevant coursework in accounting or finance;
- Is fluent in English and has high-level proficiency in a second language (French or Spanish preferred).
Interested candidates can send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please mention 'Analyst, Investments' in the subject line.
A CAREER WITH CALVERT IMPACT CAPITAL
Calvert Impact Capital is committed to building an organization that is diverse and inclusive as we believe that this is essential to our success. Our culture is best described as passion-driven, transparent, collaborative, and fun.
For employees and eligible dependents, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental coverage, as well as disability coverage, life insurance, personal time off and sick leave. Our employer-sponsored retirement plan includes a generous match to 401K contributions for employees after 90 days of employment. We also offer stipends for professional development activities, fitness memberships, and transportation.
Calvert Impact Capital
Calvert Impact Capital invests to create a more equitable and sustainable world. Through our products and services, we raise capital from individual and institutional investors to finance intermediaries and funds that are investing in communities around the world for a financial return and an intentional, measurable, social and environmental return. During our 25-year history, we have mobilized $2 billion of investor capital from more than 16,000 investors while maintaining a 100% repayment record of principle and interest to all investors. Calvert Impact Capital also offers loan syndication services, where we originate, structure and administer loans for institutional and qualified lenders seeking high impact private debt opportunities. Since the launch in 2017, we have syndicated more than $210 million of capital across 13 transactions. Learn more at: