About the Job
The Responsible Investments (RI) Product Manager is an experienced investment professional supporting the Product & Portfolio Strategy Group in providing Eaton Vance distribution channels with relevant and timely investment content and communications around RI and Calvert Research and Management (CRM) capabilities and strategies. The RI Product Manager is involved with many PPSG projects and initiatives, primarily working with the RI Strategists/Specialists and the Director of RI, as well as all the investment teams connected to the RI effort. Engaged with many of the team’s marketing-related functions and outputs, the RI Product Manager will also be involved in PPSG’s analytical work, commentaries, RFP content, and responding to internal and external inquiries on a variety of ESG/RI questions. Over time, the RI Product Manager will have opportunities to develop areas of market/product expertise across a wide variety of areas.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all RI investment strategies and asset classes while serving as a specialist for a suite of RI Index strategies, Leaders strategies, custom solutions, and CRM’s research and engagement efforts broadly.
- Interact frequently with ESG Research Team, serving as the principal conduit for all investment related content and messaging associated with RI/ESG processes
- Write blogs and white papers on a variety of ESG topics as necessary
- Create and update presentations and other marketing outputs, ensuring the quality and integrity of firm information and philosophy/process language, product data and client-facing materials. Reviews all CRM fact sheets, product decks, and annual reports.
- Consult on impact reporting and ensure consistency across affiliates.
- Serve as subject matter expert for all web-based content including website, educational modules, and tools.
- Collaborate regularly with other affiliates (notably ACM and PPA) on product, marketing, and communication strategy.
- Contribute to various EVC and CRM submissions, including PRI and UNGC Water Mandate.
- Assist in internal education around new products and tools.
- Maintain repository of Calvert responses to frequent requests and insights on competitors.
- Provide sales and marketing support, develop materials including sales ideas and other internal use guides, and provide input to various marketing plans and programs.
- Interface with internal audiences (Sales Channels, Marketing, Investment Teams, sub-advisers) and respond to product and market-related questions and data requests.
- Create and update PPSG investment reports.
- Manage ad-hoc projects involving varying degrees of complexity and with competing deadlines.
- Serve as an expert in numerous analytical tools and their respective capabilities. Utilize systems for data mining, analysis and interpretation.
- Promote responsible investment across Eaton Vance Corp. and participate in D&I and other related initiatives
- Minimum 5 years related experience with an investment manager in product management, client service or investment-related role.
- Adept at using industry tools and analytical systems to fulfill primary responsibilities. Proficient in Factset, Zephyr, Morningstar Direct, eVestment.
- Can successfully work independently within tight time constraints and deadlines. Must be diligent, proactive and resourceful.
- Exemplary written and verbal communications. Skilled at being precise, thorough and detail oriented.
- Strong initiative, energetic work habits and dedication to job. Solid interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to interact effectively within a team and be comfortable navigating at senior levels of the company.
- Ideally some background with RI or ESG products.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Pursuit of MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Cover letter required.
Eaton Vance is a leader in pioneering innovative investment strategies that address investor needs amid changing market environments. As a company, we have long embraced six core values: integrity, professionalism, teamwork, client focus, creativity/adaptability and excellence. As a workplace, Eaton Vance offers its employees a quality work environment and a congenial, collaborative atmosphere.
The company is consistently ranked among the Top 100 Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe.