About the Job
Location: Remote until social distancing requirements have been lifted. Greenwich, CT or Portland, OR preferred.
Role: This Client Service and Business Development position plays an important supporting role in the development and management of institutional client relationships in the North American market. As a member of the Client Service and Business Development (CSBD) team, the Senior Associate will be exposed to all facets of the institutional sales and client service process including assisting in the development and management of relationships with institutional investors, investment consultants, multi-family offices, financial services firms, and distribution partners. This position directly reports to the Executive Director – Client Service and Business Development, North America in Greenwich. This position offers the opportunity for professional growth into a more senior client, consultant, and/or prospect facing sales and client service role.
- Assist in the preparation and dissemination of accurate and timely information about Impax and its investment capabilities, research papers, client reports and related materials to North American clients, prospects, and investment consultants. Manage the quarterly investment mailing process to North American clients, consultants and prospects.
- Actively participate in and/or lead assigned client service and sales support functions in close cooperation with the US and London-based CSBD teams and various investment teams.
- Conduct research to identify appropriate contacts within targeted market channels. Provide detailed briefing information on prospective investors, their portfolios and investment consultants in advance of meetings.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date contact, activity and document records in Impax’s Satuit CRM system to reflect contact information, key contacts, activities, sent documents, opportunities, mailing list information. Assist with the input of data from investor meetings for later reference and analysis.
- Support the development of timely and accurate responses to RFIs/RFPs/DDQs with the London and New Hampshire teams.
- Respond to investor and consultant requests for information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review for accuracy information submitted quarterly to relevant investment databases.
- Assist with the tracking of marketing materials, fund offering memoranda, subscription documents, etc. as required by applicable compliance regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge and familiarity of relevant fund offering documents, and investment management agreements and guidelines with North American clients.
- Participate in weekly investment committee meetings to understand recent portfolio positioning, investment performance, risk metrics, and newly approved investments for listed equity strategies.
- Attend various industry conferences and events to both promote Impax’s brand and to gather relevant industry information from prospects, consultants and competitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college STEM degree with high GPA and/or honors; progress towards MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience with institutional asset management sales and/or client service.
- Experience with establishing and maintaining productive relationships with institutional investors.
- Ability to understand and articulate Impax’s investment strategies, including investment philosophy and process, portfolio attributes, current positioning and holdings, risk and performance metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and independently to achieve assigned tasks with a minimum amount of direct supervision.
- Possession of high standards of excellence with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Fluency with CRM systems and Microsoft Office. Familiarity with the output of investment related analytics systems.
- Willingness to travel when that becomes possible to do again safely, primarily in the Eastern US.
- Personable and professional in demeanor.
- Personally committed to sustainability and addressing the global challenges related to climate change, gender and racial income inequality, protection of natural resources, and related environmental issues.
- Interact on a personal level with Impax staff globally while being sensitive to different cultural norms.
- Maintaining strict client confidentiality.
- Collaborate effectively with team members, other employees, and other teams.
- Willingly help co-workers and share job and/or business systems knowledge.
- Help provide coverage during absence of co-workers.
- Participate in and actively contribute to special projects when asked.
- Proactively offer suggestions to enhance efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Actively participate in team and company meetings.
- Actively introduce ideas, alternatives, and solutions to challenges that arise.
- Willingly participate in company-sponsored training.
- Contribute to and protect Impax’s vibrant, collaborative culture where excellence and fresh thinking are recognized and rewarded.
- This position may require travel. When traveling, employees of Impax are expected to conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism at all times.
- Adhere to all regulatory and compliance requirements at all times.
- Proactively complete and follow all internal Compliance initiatives.
- Impax offers a competitive compensation, retirement, health and benefits package.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
All positions with Impax are subject to trial periods with quarterly performance reviews during the first year and semi-annual reviews thereafter. Reviews will be based on clearly defined quantitative and qualitative metrics.
Impax is an equal opportunity employer.
Impax Asset Management
Impax is an award-winning investment manager dedicated to sustainability investing – the opportunities created by the transition to a more sustainable economy. Impax offers a broad range of strategies managed by both its London based team (Impax London) and its Portsmouth, NH based team (Impax New Hampshire). Impax is regarded as a thought leader in defining the markets in which it invests and is seeing rapidly accelerating interest in sustainable investing among Endowments, Foundations, corporate and Public Plans, and other investors. To accommodate this increased interest, we are expanding our client service and business development team.
Impax London: Our listed equity and private equity strategies focus on companies that are set to benefit from the long-term trends of rising global populations, wealth, and consumption, increasing urbanization, and the resulting demand for resource optimization. Impax invests in companies involved in energy efficiency, alternative energy, water, waste/resource recovery, food, agriculture, and sustainable forestry as well as in broader themes around basic needs, evolving health care challenges, financial inclusion, and related markets. Impax’s private equity infrastructure funds invest in the development of renewable power generation and related assets, primarily in Europe.
Impax New Hampshire (formerly Pax World Management LLC), is investment adviser to Pax World Funds (Pax) and a pioneer in the field of sustainable investing. Impax-US offers a diverse lineup of eleven mutual funds and strategies focused on the risks and opportunities associated with the transition to a more sustainable global economy:
- Active U.S. Equity: High conviction, fundamental large cap, mid cap and small cap strategies
- Smart Beta U.S. Equity: Quality and dividend multi-factor investing strategies
- Passive International Equity: Diversified non-U.S. developed markets strategy targeting ESG leaders
- Global Thematic Equity: Resource optimization and gender-lens investing strategies
- Active U.S Fixed Income: Core and high yield sustainable investing strategies
- Asset Allocation: Multi-asset allocation strategy of Pax funds with full ESG integration
Impax New Hampshire manages these diverse offerings using three distinct approaches: actively-managed US Equities, actively-managed Fixed Income, and systematic ESG Beta solutions, which focuses on providing sustainable diversified market oriented portfolios. Each approach fully integrates environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into its investment research and portfolio construction process to generate financial returns that meet investment objectives, better manage long-term risks, and deliver competitive long-term investment performance.