About the Job
We are looking for a Community Manager to lead the growth and support of our member community on the East Coast of North America. The Community Manager will report to The ImPact’s Director of Community and work closely with our Community Manager who is currently based on the West Coast to ensure coherence of strategy and activities across North America. It is a full-time role, $85,000 – $95,000 USD salaried, plus competitive benefits. We are looking for candidates based on the East Coast of the United States for this role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Relationship Management (40%): You will build strong and authentic relationships with all of The ImPact’s members based on the East Coast of North America, developing a deep understanding of their individual and family impact investment interests and areas of need. You will develop a customized plan of membership for each individual member that will provide the experiences, best practices, and relationships to support them in making progress towards their impact goals. You will forge connections among these members to best serve their individual and collective needs and facilitate peer-to-peer exchange of knowledge, data, and insights.
- Member Recruitment (30%): You will actively identify families who could benefit from and contribute to The ImPact’s unique peer-to-peer community through individual and collaborative outreach withThe ImPact’s global team and current members. You will work with the Director of Community to set growth targets and milestones for the East Coast of North America.
- Curation of Experiences in North America-East (25%): You will be responsible for developing a robust yearly calendar of experiences for members and prospective members in the region, selecting themes, curating content, and ensuring strong participation from members and prospective members with the support of The ImPact’s global team. These experiences are designed to build lasting and productive relationships among members, provide knowledge and insights, and enable each participant to advance their own impact investing activities. You will also work with the global team to design, create, or adapt tools or other educational resources that deepen members’ knowledge of impact investing or enable them to take specific actions related to implementing their impact investment strategies.
- Building Partnerships (5%): You will work closely with the Director of Community to build strong partnerships with organizations that can help advance The ImPact’s mission and relevance within the East Coast of North America.
- Support team projects where needed.
- Demonstrated experience in and passion for community building
- Social and emotional intelligence to effectively communicate and build authentic and lasting relationships across generations, cultures, national, and regional boundaries
- Ability to “connect the dots” between diverse themes and people
- A high level of discretion for both professional and personal affairs
- Work independently and have the drive, patience, and resilience to get up a rapid learning curve and to build things from scratch
- A desire to solve the world’s biggest problems and a belief in the power of impact investing to help do so
- Ability to work harmoniously with a diverse team and comfort working independently with a remote team members across different time zones and using technology platforms
- Fluency in English, foreign language a plus
- Prior experience in a member services organization, in a family office, or in a relationship
management role (valued but not required)
To Apply: Send to hiring@TheImPact.org
- Your resume / CV
- Cover letter or 30-second video explaining your fit for this role
- One paragraph or a 30-second video statement explaining how you would deploy 1 billion dollars to make the world a better place
The ImPact is a global membership community for families committed to aligning their assets with their values. Our mission is to help families make more impact investments more effectively. Everything we do is built on a foundation of peer-to-peer exchange: our members share knowledge, insight, and opportunities with each other to convert their interest in impact investing into action. Whether they are beginners or leading experts, we work with families to build a customized plan of membership that will provide the experiences, best practices, and relationships they need to make progress towards their impact goals. The ImPact is a US-based nonprofit organization with team members spread around the world. Currently, we have team members based in New York City, San Francisco, Bogotá, São Paulo, Santiago, London, and Paris.