About the Job
- Lead the execution of the fund’s investment strategy.
- Develop and lead strategy to identify new sources of capital, and play an active role with investors on both fundraising and around the social impact and financial performance of our investments
- Help raise follow-on capital for portfolio companies where appropriate
- Work with and support portfolio companies, including attending board meetings and monitoring performance to ensure returns and strategic objectives are achieved
- Build and maintain a positive team culture; lead, guide and motivate team members
- Lead the team that will find, structure, develop, support and monitor portfolio investments
- Work with team members to coach them in diligence, deal structuring, and post-investment management.
- Coordinate and lead Investment Committee meetings to review and structure prospective investments, to report on investment progress and to discuss portfolio strategy
- Ensure adequate financial and social impact monitoring of portfolio companies.
- Serve as a spokesperson for ICA’s mission and investing activities.
The Managing Director of Investment position is based in Oakland, CA. Salary commensurate with experience. ICA Fund Good Jobs also offers a competitive benefits package. Please submit cover letter and resume to:
We are seeking a Managing Director who brings:
- Transactional experience in private equity & venture capital, commercial debt, and/or hybrid capital for early-stage businesses. 15+ years of a demonstrated track record with, at least 7 years of that in private equity or venture capital including successful exits. Experience investing in diverse entrepreneurs is strongly preferred.
- Commitment to our mission. A leader who sees investment as a means to create change in underserved communities, not as an end in itself. A vision of transforming the financial system to be more inclusive and to create economic opportunities for all.
- Exceptional people leadership and collaboration skills. The MD will lead the investment team, manage multiple stakeholders, gain buy-in and ensure support within the organization and externally.
- Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves, non-hierarchical, unpretentious, ambitious, and energetic
- A strong impact orientation, prioritizing the path to maximum impact in our work
- Impeccable integrity and credibility; an individual people can trust without reservation
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ICA Fund Good Jobs
At ICA Fund Good Jobs, we are a mission-first team. This means we are driven by a healthy obsession for delivering results and that everything revolves around our mission to support small businesses so they can create good jobs. We bet on people who build people, and that starts internally. We move with the same entrepreneurial spirit as the small businesses we invest resources and capital into, and support each other through consistent hard work, collective problem-solving and focus. Our culture fosters mutual respect, cooperation, and collegiality in a supportive, open-space work environment. For us, innovation leads to results. We challenge each other to build our respective skills and constantly redefine what having a good job means to us. Ultimately impact matters most to us, because our mission is not complete until we make one economy work for everybody. Please find additional info at: