About the Job
NOTE: applications will not be considered without a thoughtful and relevant cover letter.
Why this role?
Our consulting practice is hiring a high-performing Senior Analyst to lead research and quantitative analysis and turn those insights into transformative solutions for clients. Join us and you will get exposure to some of the most complex economic and community development challenges in the country, while working alongside an extraordinary team and accelerating your career.
We will give you ample opportunity to contribute and lead work from day one. Your day-to-day work will be concentrated in three main areas: (1) Research, data analysis, and financial modeling (2) strategy development and client engagement, and (3) project support. These areas will help you refine your strategic thinking and quantitative and qualitative skills and will do so at an accelerated trajectory. As you grow, we will give you increasing responsibility for managing project scopes, teams and client relationships.
Your work will consist of:
Research, Data Analysis & Financial Modelling
- Perform complex qualitative and quantitative data analysis to understand a target market, industry or geography
- Interview subject matter experts and conduct focus groups to deepen understanding of client challenges
- Analyze historical financial data (up to a three-statement analysis) to identify key challenges, opportunities, and tradeoffs for client
- Develop multi-year financial projections based on historical analysis
Strategy Development & Client Engagement
- Synthesize key takeaways to develop actionable recommendations and implementation plans to meet the client’s objectives
- Create client deliverables with research findings and recommendations in PowerPoint, using visualization and charts
- Present findings to clients’ senior leadership and internal firm management
- Support the administrative needs of projects, including email communication with internal and external stakeholders, scheduling meetings, focus groups, and surveys
- Conduct notetaking for internal and client meetings, knowledge management, and project administration
- Contribute to firm knowledge development, codification and dissemination
- You have a bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance and 2+ years work experience with a top-tier professional services firm (management consulting or financial services)
- You have strong financial acumen and financial modeling skills
- You are an Excel wizard and take pride in a well-structured, high quality model
- You love client services
- You are motivated by mission and want to spend your days doing fulfilling work
- You are energized by solving problems and getting to the right answer
- You are looking for opportunities to grow and accelerate your career
- You enjoy working with teams and believe diversity of thinking gets to better answers
- You are willing to challenge and be challenged, regardless of seniority
Why Next Street?
Want to work at the intersection of impact and business? Looking for a team with big ideas and bold ambitions? Interested in accelerating your career, and getting further faster by working at a scalable small business?
You have found your place – Next Street is a mission-driven, for-profit firm revolutionizing small business. We have audacious goals and we are looking for team members who can dream big with us. Next Street was founded in 2005 with the belief that small businesses are the engines of inclusive growth in underserved markets. This philosophy is at the core of everything that we do. Next Street revolutionizes how organizations – banks and other financial institutions (e.g., CDFIs, alternative lenders), foundations, corporations, government agencies, and business support centers – provide capital, customers and services to small businesses and entrepreneurs.
We serve as trusted advisors to some of the country’s most dynamic organizations. We create strategies and tools for public, private and social institutions to drive equitable small business growth across the US. We also directly serve hundreds of individual businesses every day through our own small business support centers.
We believe Next Street is a special place to work:
- We are a group of critical thinkers and problem solvers. We work hard to get our clients the right answer, because we are successful when our clients create more impact.
- We are motivated by mission. We keep small business at the heart of what we do, and agitate for equity and inclusion, day in and day out.
- We respect and challenge each other. Our teammates come from the best professional services and social sector organizations. We learn from each other constantly.
- We push ourselves to innovate. We must think creatively and expansively to solve tomorrow’s economic and community development challenges.
- We take pride in our work, strive for excellence and work with integrity. This is more than just a job to us.
We believe in a better future for small business. Join Us.