About the Job
BayTree intends to hire a full time Associate who will play a key role in deal origination, management and closure. You will be part of a small team and work closely with the CEO to identify prospective investments and manage the entire process from sourcing to closure. Key deliverables will include the following:
- Deal origination including cold outreach, developing partnerships, running campaigns, participating in business plan competitions to maximize deal flow
- Work closely with enterprises to develop deal collateral including investor presentations and financial model
- Showcase deals and run ideas to garner investor interest in enterprises
- Develop investor syndicates, align different types of investors and close deals. Exposure to standard investing terms and conditions, due diligence and deal documentation is desirable
- Willingness to undertake bespoke projects including strengthening over all BayTree network, brand and the tech platform
- Ability to work independently and in an unstructured environment
- Experience of 3-5 years in investing or investment banking or corporate finance, with at least 2+ years of deal origination and evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA/Post-Graduate degree preferred
- Good knowledge of the investment banking and investing environment/market in India
- Impact investing experience preferred but not essential
Send your CV along with a Cover Letter telling us why you want to work at BayTree and what you can bring to this role to email@example.com
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be evaluated
BayTree Ventures Pvt Ltd
BayTree is an online marketplace that connects investors with early stage enterprises that create social impact. BayTree believes in finding market-based solutions for tackling some of the knotty problems facing our society today. It is co-founded by Anuradha Bajaj and Ramesh Venkat and led by Abhay Garg who is the CEO.
We are helping build the critical market infrastructure much needed to accelerate the development of specific investment opportunities as well as widen the base of capital. We provide a full suite of services to close a deal from entry to exit – including due diligence, transaction support, impact assessment, portfolio management and exit management.
Since inception, BayTree has evaluated more than 1200 enterprises, developed a network of more than 500 investors and launched several new products and services. Our Knowledge Series which includes webinars on a range of topics including impact assessment and measurement, decoding term sheets, sharpening the investment pitch have all been well received by the impact investing community.
BayTree’s mission is to nudge the market for impact investing by drawing in more entrepreneurs and a greater number of investors. We want to give a wider audience a stake in addressing our social, economic and environmental challenges. In time, we believe this can help foster an enduring community that will champion and grow the market for impact investing.