About the Job
We are currently recruiting an Investment Director to lead Telos’ impact investing team focused on tackling key environmental priorities such as plastic pollution, food waste, food transition, water pollution & scarcity and CO2 capture. The role consists in integrating an existing investment team and participating in the deployment of large pan-European portfolios of equity investments in young companies active in those fields. The role will be based in Brussels.
What you will do
As an Investment Director on environmental impact vehicles, you will:
- Lead the deployment of EUR 100m+ investment portfolios across various geographies, sectors and assets classes including Private Equity and Venture Capital;
- Fully integrate Telos’ impact investing team, today comprised of 4 investment professionals focusing on environmental solutions;
- Be part of the coordination and execution of Telos’ investment activities, supervising the project pipeline and opportunities analysis, and negotiating terms (various asset classes including private equity investments in start-ups/scale-ups, mostly Series A-B);
- Prepare and present investment recommendations to our clients;
- Monitor the portfolio with the adequate level of involvement (e.g.: board seat, site visits);
- Develop expertise and a network of external partners/advisors in the focus areas of our clients by participating to events/conferences and building lasting relationships;
- Supervise the measurement & monitor the impact generated by the funded projects;
- Play a key role in ensuring the values and culture of Telos Impact on a daily basis.
In your role in the investment team of Telos, you will also be promoting Telos Impact in the social impact eco-system, building out Telos’ partner & advisor network, etc.
What we need from you
In the role of Investment Director, you must possess the experience, passion, drive and gravitas to be a champion for impact, both inside and outside the organization.
The position reports to the Managing Director of Telos Impact.
- 12+ years of professional experience, including private equity investment track record;
- Experience in leading various private equity or venture capital investments (from sourcing to negotiations) and various portfolio exits;
- Various companies’ board/director exposure;
- Experience in investment teams management;
- Professional experience or interest in environmental solutions is a plus (resource efficiency, circular economy, sustainable food & agriculture, new materials, green economy);
- Network that includes banks, private equity funds, NGOs, development organizations, academia and other corporates in relevant European hubs;
- Open, problem-solving and critical mindset; ability to analyze and synthetize;
Capable of being accepted & respected at board level. As a (minority) shareholder / board member able to act on and solve critical issues;
- Strong academic background; MBA or CFA credentials is a plus;
- Team player, deep sense of empathy, strong social & communication skills;
- Self-starting, ability to drive forward multiple client projects in parallel by supporting, organizing and motivating a team of like-minded colleagues;
- Alignment with our values: joy, impact, excellence and independence;
- Demonstrated interest in social and environmental impact;
- Professional fluency in French and English.
Send your CV and short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Telos Impact, based in Brussels, is a leading advisory firm on Impact Investing and Venture Philanthropy. Mandated by several high net worth individuals, family offices and companies, Telos’ mission is to help them unlock their full changemaking potential and achieve their social, societal and environmental impact ambitions.