About the Job
TIG seeks an Analyst to join our Natural Climate Solutions team in Seattle, Washington. Under the supervision of the Head, Sustainability and Natural Climate Solutions, the Analyst will support the development and implementation of climate-positive forest investment programs that help deliver on the massive climate mitigation potential of the forest sector. Responsibilities will include:
- End-to-end participation in the development and implementation of investment strategies that target financial returns, climate mitigation benefits, and other positive social and environmental impacts
- Financial, operational, environmental, and carbon lifecycle analyses of individual investments and preparation of investment committee materials
- Ongoing monitoring and analysis of client portfolios to inform strategic and tactical management decisions; support for annual strategic reviews and hold/sell analyses of portfolio holdings.
- Coverage of relevant trends in forest product, carbon, and other environmental services markets, and of relevant developments in regulation and policy
- Leadership of specific process-improvement and other cross-business initiatives
The Analyst position is based in BTG’s Seattle office, which serves as the headquarters for our Natural Climate Solutions practice. Periodic domestic US and international travel.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, forest economics, natural resource economics, or a related discipline (may be substituted by a Bachelor’s degree in a similar discipline and an additional 3-5 years of related professional experience)
- Curiosity, self-motivation, and an inquisitive, entreprenuerial spirit
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- A passion for forestry, natural resources, and the development of innovative solutions to persistent social and environmental challenges
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, to effectively prioritize and manage mutliple projects simultaneously, and deliver against specific workplans and timelines
- Knowledge of finance, and financial and/or economic modelling expertise
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- 1-3 years of related experience in carbon markets, forest management, natural resource investment, or similar sector
- Knowledge of forest carbon dynamics, carbon lifecycle assessment or related disciplines
- Knowledge of carbon policy, standards, protocols, and forest carbon offset markets
- Knowledge of forest management and forest operations
- Prior experience in investment management
- Prior experience living or working internationally
- Portuguese or Spanish language skills
Please send a cover letter, CV, and the names of three references to HRNY@btgpactual.com.
BTG Pactual Timberland Investment Group, LLC
BTG Pactual’s Timberland Investment Group (“TIG”) is one of the world’s largest timberland investment managers with approximately US$3.5 billion in assets and commitments and 2.6 million acres of commercial timberland investments in Europe, South Africa, Latin America and the United States.
TIG is committed to the delivery of superior, risk-adjusted returns through the disciplined construction of timberland investment portfolios, best-in-class sustainable forestry, and the application of industry-leading analytics to investment management. TIG leverages the global resources of the BTG Pactual platform and the deep, local expertise of our regional forestry staff to provide exposure to globally diversified timberland investment portfolios while maintaining consistent investment discipline and management controls across our investment footprint.
BTG Pactual is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.