About the Job
Would you like to use your skills and experience to help build a highly effective organisation that is dedicated to social impact? Are you a committed and collaborative team-player with experience of leading operations and finance functions? We’re looking for an exceptional candidate to be our Operations & Finance Director.
Social Tech Trust is at an exciting stage. With a clear purpose to transform lives with tech, an expert team, supportive Board, and a strong portfolio of social tech start-ups, we’re ready to scale our impact.
The Operations and Finance Director will report to the CEO and play a lead role in building the operational backbone that we need to enable our ambitious strategy. This role is critical in helping us develop new income streams and maximise our social impact.
The ideal candidate will be equally adept at and enthused by engaging in strategic decision making and rolling up their sleeves to get involved in the day to day delivery of the operational and finance functions.
- Develop a strong collaborative working relationship with the CEO, supporting with strategic decision making and delivery.
- Design and implement operational and financial systems and processes which are appropriate for the organisation.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Trust’s operations.
- Be a commercial business partner, ensuring that the long term financial and operational impacts of strategic decisions are understood.
- Provide high-quality analysis and reports for the CEO and Board on the performance of the Trust and its subsidiaries.
- Ensure equality, diversity and inclusion are integrated into all of our operational processes and promoted in everything the Trust does.
Your skills and experience:
- A successful track record of leading operations and finance functions.
- Able to achieve operational robustness without stifling creativity, agility and the need for pace of decision-making and delivery.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and creating a way forward when there is uncertainty.
- Confident operating autonomously and being a proactive leader. Excellent judgement about when to involve others.
- A collaborative team player with experience of working as an integral part of a multidisciplinary distributed team.
- Solutions-focused with a bias for action. You thrive on finding solutions to problems. You spot opportunities and make them a reality.
- Experience of leading on financial planning, management and reporting.
To apply for the role of Operations and Finance Director, please send your CV and a supporting statement (maximum 2 sides of A4) that outlines your motivation for applying to join Social Tech Trust and addresses the requirements set out in the job description.
Please provide the names, positions, organisations and telephone contact numbers of two referees relevant to this role. References will only be taken with your permission, once your application has progressed to offer stage.
Finally, please ensure that you have included a contact telephone number.
Applications should be submitted to Theana Greenfield at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on 12 July 2020. Please note that we will be reviewing applications and carrying out interviews throughout the recruitment period. Once a suitable candidate had been identified we will close the recruitment process so please don’t delay your application if this role is of interest.
If you have queries about any aspect of the appointment process or would like additional information, please contact Theana Greenfield at firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Tech Trust
Social Tech Trust is at an exciting stage. With a clear purpose to transform lives with tech, an expert team, supportive Board, and a strong portfolio of social tech start-ups, we're ready to scale our impact.
Our vision is a world where social transformation is the driving force behind tech. We've already invested more than £30m in almost 800 socially motivated initiatives over the last ten years. Following a strategic review, we’re designing and delivering a new sustainable business model, which requires developing several new income streams.