About the Job
Vital Healthcare Capital (V-Cap) seeks a high energy individual who is passionate about supporting vulnerable communities, thrives in a small, hands-on, creative work environment, and has a strong balance of deep analytical/quantitative skills and excellent written, oral and relational communication skills.
- Provide staff support to V-Cap’s CEO across V-Cap’s lending, program planning and organizational development activities;
- Be a key point of contact in coordinating communication and activities with existing relationships and potential new relationships in the community healthcare sector on behalf of V-Cap’s CEO;
- Provide research, analysis, writing and presentation development in support of V-Cap’s initiatives, including for draft reports, grant proposals and related documents, targeted to healthcare community and funder stakeholders;
- Manage project timelines and time-bound critical deadlines for reporting, grant applications, other funding vehicles, and proposal and presentation opportunities;
- Support V-Cap’s communications plans and activities including preparation for meetings, conferences, and presentations as well as website and electronic outreach to partners, stakeholders and community leaders,
- Share organizational and administrative responsibilities as needed in collaboration with other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated depth of interest in related health and social impact fields;
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a financial organization, community development organization, community healthcare provider, or health policy organization;
- Strong commitment to social justice and economic and racial equity, and investing in care for our most vulnerable populations.
Skill Sets for Success includes:
- Highly analytical/quantitative skills;
- High level of sensitivity to building positive relationships with communities, supporting professionals, and investment stakeholders, with a collaborative work style;
- Polished, respectful and time-sensitive communicator, in verbal forums, including in person, via phone and through video platforms, and in all written communications;
- Adept at current business software platforms, including MS Office suite (Excel/Word/Powerpoint), G Suite products, social media platforms, and website programs, for example Squarespace;
- Able to thrive in the rapidly changing healthcare landscape, quickly grasp new information, acquire knowledge and contribute to finding creative, financially-sound solutions;
- Able to learn, build depth and gain a comfort level in discussing healthcare policy issues facing low income communities, including Medicaid funding streams, and behavioral health and community health services.
Email resume and letter of qualifications to:
Vital Healthcare Capital
Vital Healthcare Capital (V-Cap) is a not-for-profit CDFI dedicated to strengthening quality healthcare in low-income communities. We finance community health centers and behavioral health organizations, advocate for health equity including good healthcare jobs, and build partnerships to strengthen communities in need. Our lending has recently focused in New York and Colorado, and will expand in the coming year. We partner with Self-Help, one of the largest CDFI entities in the country, to bring scalable capital and national reach to the communities we serve.
V-Cap is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization, including in our equal opportunity employment practices.