About the Job
Play a key role in the next phase of Vital Healthcare Capital’s (V-Cap) growth, with responsibility for originating loans, representing V-Cap in new markets, and identifying opportunities for V-Cap to advocate for greater systemic impact. We are looking for an experienced finance professional with a passion for developing new programs that support vulnerable communities. The ideal candidate will thrive in a small, growth-oriented environment where hands-on work, strong financial acumen and creative problem solving, balanced with strong commitment to our mission make an immediate, meaningful difference. This position may be located in the NY metro area or in the Denver CO area, with some travel expected as needed.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Actively develop a deep pipeline of community healthcare borrowers in our target markets;
- Develop leads and nurture potential and existing relationships with community health/behavioral health borrowers and their advocates, community associations, policy makers and providers, including identifying and participating in key events, including business events, networking events, and outreach activities;
- Coordinate early stage screening and development of potential loans, including evaluating financial and programmatic fit, and coordinating with V-Cap’s lending partner, Self-Help, for transactions ready to move to underwriting and credit approval;
- Work with other sources of funding to incorporate grants, low-interest or subordinated debt, participations, or guarantees into V-Cap financing;
- Work with community partners to identify public policy or systemic issues affecting V-Cap borrowers and the patients/clients they serve where V-Cap can usefully participate in advocating for progressive change;
- Share organizational and administrative responsibilities as needed in collaboration with other team members.
- Minimum 3 to 7 years of progressive responsibility in commercial lending or CDFIs, finance, or healthcare or nonprofit financial management, and preferably with business development and originations experience;
- Master’s degree in business/finance or health care policy/administration, or equivalent experience;
- Experience working with Federally Qualified Health Centers, Behavioral Health or Medicaid funded services is highly desirable;
- Strong commitment to social justice and economic and racial equity, and investing in care for our most vulnerable populations.
Skill Sets for Success include:
- Highly analytical/quantitative skills, including depth in financial statement analysis,
- Proven strengths in relationship management, with experience in cultivating relationships with organizations’ CEOs, CFOs, funders and policy makers, and the ability to represent V-Cap with all levels of stakeholders;
- Understanding of healthcare policy issues facing low income communities including Medicaid funding streams, and behavioral health and community health services;
- Disciplined, time-sensitive approach to managing, monitoring and cultivating V-Cap’s lending pipeline;
- Adept communicator, verbally, in written business communications and in digital/multimedia formats, sensitive to handling highly confidential information;
- Confident in fully utilizing current business software platforms, including MS Office suite (Excel/Word/Powerpoint), G Suite products, and staying current in social media platforms;
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with a strong goal-setting, results orientation, and juggle multiple priorities in representing stakeholders and communities, and well versed in remote/home-office based work skills and discipline;
- Able to thrive in navigating change, quickly grasp new information and contribute financially-sound, creative solutions in the rapidly changing healthcare landscape.
Email resume and letter of qualifications to:
Vital Healthcare Capital
Vital Healthcare Capital (V-Cap) is a not-for-profit CDFI dedicated to strengthening quality healthcare in low-income communities. We finance community health centers and behavioral health organizations, advocate for health equity including good healthcare jobs, and build partnerships to strengthen communities in need. Our lending has recently focused in New York and Colorado, and will expand in the coming year. We partner with Self-Help, one of the largest CDFI entities in the country, to bring scalable capital and national reach to the communities we serve.
V-Cap is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization, including in our equal opportunity employment practices.