About the Job
The Joint SDG Fund supports countries as they accelerate their progress toward the SDGs. It operates through a series of Calls for the UN system that lead to the implementation of transformative Joint Programmes (JPs). In doing so the Fund is committed to forge paths and partnerships that unlock public and private capital for the SDGs at scale. The Fund launched in December 2019 its first Call for Proposals on SDG Financing. The Call has two components. Component 1 is about the development of SDG-aligned financing strategies and related capacities for implementation, while Component 2 is about catalyzing investment at scale for the SDGs. This vacancy is about the provision of support to the Fund on grant and portfolio management, including:
- Support quality joint programme implementation and monitoring (60%)
- Support innovation and learning, and communicating joint programme results (30%)
- Support to stakeholder collaboration (10%)
- Master’s Degree in international development, economics, business administration;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of international cooperation project/programme support;
- Experience in monitoring, results-based management, and communications on project implementation;
- Knowledge of sustainable finance topics (public/private);
- Knowledge of the UN and/or previous work experience in developing countries is desirable;
- Attitude/experience in innovating regarding project implementation;
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Working knowledge of Spanish and/or French is considered an additional asset.
UN Joint SDG Fund
The Joint SDG Fund supports countries in accelerating progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by integrating economic, social and environmental policies and applying multi-dimensional and cross-sectoral approach to complex social and environmental challenges.