About the Job
Strategic Partners is a global leader in illiquid fund investing, including secondaries, co-investments and primary advisory. The Strategic Partners business was founded in 2000 and has significant experience in providing limited partners a range of liquidity solutions across illiquid asset classes on a fair, timely and confidential basis. Strategic Partners is one of the most prolific secondary market participants in the world and is recognized as an innovative investor, with broad transaction capabilities that reinforce its established reputation as a nimble and responsive investor. Through its private equity, infrastructure and real estate platforms Strategic Partners has executed over 1,400 transactions that represent interests in over 3,900 underlying fund interests managed by approximately 1,400 different financial sponsors.
Blackstone’s Impact investing platform sits within the Strategic Partners business unit, enabling the team to leverage Strategic Partners’ scale, breadth and reputation in the market to facilitate access to high quality co-investments, direct private equity, and real asset investments alongside market-leading sponsors and companies with a goal toward achieving positive measurable societal impact.
This new investment platform launched in 2019 will seek to address several key investment themes, primarily targeting the areas of Health & Wellbeing, Financial Access, Sustainable Communities, and Green Technologies.
Job Title: Strategic Partners – Blackstone Impact Asset Management, Vice President (Measurement & Reporting)
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Identifying, measuring and reporting KPIs for portfolio companies of the BX Impact fund, in coordination with key stakeholders (e.g. BX Impact investment team, sponsor partners, portfolio company management)
- Partnering with Blackstone Portfolio Operations on strategic initiatives to drive impact and operational value creation at portfolio companies
- Developing and managing Impact-related reporting in coordination with the investment, finance and investor relations teams
Day-to-day activities will involve:
- Developing processes to track and report on KPIs for each investment in cooperation with the investment team, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Portfolio Operations and others
- Assisting Impact investment team with ESG-related diligence items including the management of key third party vendor relationships
- Creating and refining Impact and ESG-related reports for key internal and external constituents
- Producing sector-level ESG analysis for internal use of the Impact investment team
- Tracking industry trends and best practices for Impact and ESG related data collection and operational initiatives that can be implemented across the portfolio
- Supporting management teams (CEO, CFO, COO) of companies/platforms, sponsor partners, and investment teams on Impact and ESG-related value creation projects
- Partnering with BX Portfolio Operations specialists including Procurement, Data Science, and IT / Cybersercurity to further identify and drive strategic initiatives for portfolio companies
- Supporting Blackstone-related conferences and other events where requested to present the Blackstone Impact story and case studies to build awareness
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree
- 6+ years of relevant experience in strategy, finance, operations and/or consulting
- Experience with and demonstrated interest in ESG and/or impact investing
- Familiarity with impact investment frameworks, standards, networks, and key constituents
- Willingness to be hands-on with portfolio companies, investment teams ,and sponsor partners day in and day out to execute overall strategy
- A demonstrated track record of success in ramping up new reporting tools and processes (preferred, but not required)
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills
- Gravitas, presence, and credibility necessary to command the attention and respect of key internal and external partners
- Strong business judgment and ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks and deadlines
Ability to perform duties with the highest level of confidentiality and integrity Successful candidates will also be:
- Enthusiastic team members who collaborate well and build strong working relationships
- Resilient, flexible, open to feedback, and focused on achieving excellence
- Client-focused and committed to developing creative solutions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $571 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.