About the Job
Vice President, Development
Location: New York preferred
Travel: Some domestic and international travel
About This Role
Reporting to the CEO and working very closely with Acceso’s leadership team and Board of Directors, the Vice President, Development will be responsible for developing and executing a development strategy to raise funding from diverse philanthropic, public as well as private sector sources to accelerate Acceso's aggressive growth plans and to increase the capacity of its producers. This is an exciting time for Acceso as its agribusinesses are currently all in high-growth stages and Acceso’s underlying model is ready for further replication in other countries. Moreover, Acceso’s operational platforms and network of producers are increasingly being leveraged to undertake additional social activities in the communities in which they operate (for example, market-linked reforestation and community-feeding activities.)
- In partnership with Acceso’s leadership and its Board, develop and execute a multi-year development strategy (focused on foundations, DFIs, local governments, embassies, high-net-worth individuals, family offices, corporate philanthropy, crowdfunding and other sources across the United States and internationally) to grow Acceso’s funding.
- Investigate and evaluate creative partnership potential towards fundraising through consortium funding from multiple synergistic donors.
- Vice President, Development will provide important insights about funding contexts that will help shape individual agribusiness growth plans, social impact and Acceso’s long-term replication strategy.
- Manage existing relationships with Acceso's current top donors (including foundations and high-net-worth funders) in order to deepen their engagement over time, and implement specific strategies to grow existing funder revenue.
- Lead the implementation of the newly developed fundraising growth strategy mentioned above through:
- the cultivation of relationships with new donors as well as potential consortium funding partners
- the development and preparation of grant applications, proposals and campaigns to translate those relationships into tangible funding
- the oversight and improvement of Acceso’s development systems and processes
- Collaborate with the CEO and other leadership to ensure effective marketing to promote Acceso’s work to relevant prospective donor communities.
- Work alongside the CEO and other leadership to assist with impact investment capital raising for individual agribusinesses, including assessing opportunities to leverage targeted investors’ networks for potential additional grant fundraising.
- Serve as a brand steward, speaking for and advocating on behalf of Acceso at national/international events and conferences.
- Develop an annual fundraising budget, including projections per agribusiness.
- Vice President, Development will be a key member of Acceso’s leadership team and will provide insights to help shape the organization’s future growth and impact.
- Working with the CEO, Vice President, Development will act as a liaison to the Board for donor development support.
Required experience and skills
- A committed belief in Acceso’s mission, a passion for the use of social business as a means to affect social change and a desire to be at the forefront of developing innovative, sustainable solutions to global poverty.
- 8+ years of fundraising experience as part of a successful fundraising team(s) that have achieved $10m+ annual donations from multi-channeled fundraising strategies in the international economic development (or related) sector(s).
- A personal record of securing six-figure individual gifts.
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of new fundraising strategies with demonstrated results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Relations, or an equivalent.
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills as well as the ability to build relationships with Board members, high-net-worth individuals, senior executives, staff, volunteers, donors, peer organizations and other partners.
- An inspiring public speaker.
- Understanding of the social enterprise and/or agriculture space preferred.
- Experience working or partnering with corporates and CSR/sustainability teams preferred.
- Ability to work independently with a focus on achieving results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving, research, and analytical skills as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and business sense.
- Oral and written proficiency in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to undertake some domestic and international travel.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Vice President, Development”.
Acceso (formerly known as the Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership) was co-founded by philanthropist Frank Giustra and President Clinton in 2007 with the goal of developing new models for poverty alleviation. Acceso is a pioneering social business builder that brings entrepreneurial solutions to global poverty. Acceso builds, invests start-up capital into, manages and scales social agribusinesses that improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers and fishers by increasing their productivity and connecting them to higher value, formalized markets. Acceso currently manages a portfolio of highly impactful agribusinesses in Colombia, Haiti, and El Salvador with plans for replication of its model in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC).