About the Job
Uncharted is seeking a Marketing Associate to help produce and distribute marketing strategies. The day-to-day will include content creation, social media, public relations activities, partnership marketing, SEO, events, and production of marketing collateral (both traditional and digital).
- Lead and manage an Uncharted Accelerator Program Responsible for the success and impact of each program.
- Execute marketing campaigns, from supporting outreach to pipeline partners to collecting creative assets from selected ventures to designing name tags for events—all in close collaboration with Uncharted’s marketing and program departments.
- Run the day-to-day digital presence of the organization. From posting on Instagram Stories to updating website content to following news about our community, you will implement the daily efforts necessary to bring marketing campaigns to life.
- Optimize our digital presence, monitoring, tracking, and reporting on performance metrics such as clicks, shares, open rates, and followers to better understand how we best engage with our audiences. You will in tandem optimize all content for SEO and social performance.
- Maintain our website. You will be responsible for keeping the website up-to-date: copy and content, design and flow are in your wheelhouse.
- Collaborate with program teams to collect assets and information for learning reports, case studies, and other collateral.
- Perform other marketing tasks as assigned by the Marketing Manager such as promoting special marketing events and maintaining marketing databases.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT PERSON?
- BA in marketing, communications or journalism and/or 2 years of relevant experience in traditional and digital media, PR, events and/or social media.
- Experience in developing content for digital communications channels, including websites, intranets, email campaigns, and social media.
- Experience in digital marketing tools, using Google AdWords and analytic services, marketing automation platforms like Mailchimp, publishing platforms like Medium, and content management systems like WordPress.
- Working knowledge of G Suite apps.
- Design skills—particularly with Adobe Creative Suite—a plus.
- Experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments: You have worked for a startup and you are willing to tackle projects without daily guidance or structure.
- Mission and culture contributor: This is a given. You are committed to the mission and vision of Uncharted and you will do whatever it takes to achieve it. You see this role as an opportunity to exercise your passion and align your values and purpose with the values and purpose of an organization attempting to put a dent in the world’s most pressing problems. You are a culture-creator (not just a consumer), and you believe in the power of creating environments where people can belong and thrive.
LOCATION: Denver, Colorado (just north of RiNo in the Cole neighborhood) with minimal travel
COMPENSATION: Competitive, commensurate with experience
- Healthcare including dental and vision plan which starts on the 1st of the month after hire. Uncharted pays 75% of premiums for our employees (32+ hours).
- SIMPLE IRA with up to 3% matching
- Dependent Care FSA with employer contributions
- 5 weeks paid vacation accrued over a year, plus three sick days
- 10 holidays + your birthday off
- Flexible work schedules (currently our team works remotely approx. 40% of each week)
- Mac or PC laptops for work usage and monthly telephone reimbursement
- Generous family leave policies
- Relocation assistance available
We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued, and supported. Uncharted recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic or family medical history, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Uncharted is a social impact accelerator that builds coordinated movements of people to tackle problems from all angles—problems like food deserts, urban poverty, and hate and discrimination. We partner with corporations, foundations, and governments to launch initiatives that connect those working on the same problem and help them go to scale. To date, we have helped social entrepreneurs raise $315 million, create impact in 96 countries, and benefit 52 million lives.