About the Job
Impax Asset Management (US) is seeking a highly organized and energetic candidate to perform a variety of Client Service, Business Development, and Investment Research tasks in our Greenwich, CT office. Working remotely several days a week is possible. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading, fast growing manager of sustainable investments, to make meaningful contributions to the organization and to achieve professional growth during a summer internship.
The Intern will work alongside members of Impax’s US based teams and will be exposed to many facets of the client service, business development and investment research functions. Primary duties will include conducting research and analysis on the top performing global equity strategies and the growing market opportunity in sustainable investing as well as researching prospective institutional investors and evaluating the competitive landscape primarily in North American but also in Europe.
The ideal candidate must be highly self-motivated, able to work independently yet be a team player, be goal oriented and possess a high attention to detail. The ideal candidate must possess a professional demeanor, exceptional communication ability, and commitment to the highest regulatory and compliance standards. The Intern will work closely with the Greenwich, CT based team and report to the Director of Client Service and Business Development.
- Four-year college degree; working towards a Finance graduate degree or MBA; CFA preferred.
- Experience with institutional asset management is helpful but not required.
- Ability to work productively and independently to achieve assigned tasks with a minimum amount of direct supervision.
- Possess high standards of excellence with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Fluency with CRM systems and Microsoft Office. Familiarity with the output of investment related analytics systems.
- Familiarity with key analytics and risk systems as part of the responsibility in conducting the competitive/peer analysis including, but not limited to: eVestment Analytics, Bloomberg, FactSet, Barra
- Personable and professional in demeanour.
- Personally committed to sustainability and addressing the global challenges related to climate change, rising populations, limited natural resources and related environmental issues.
- Interact on a personal level with Impax staff globally while being sensitive to cultural norms.
- Maintain strict client confidentiality.
- Collaborate effectively with team members, other employees, and other teams.
- Willingly help co-workers and share job and/or business systems knowledge.
- Help provide coverage during absence of co-workers.
- Participate in and actively contribute to special projects when asked.
- Proactively offer suggestions to enhance efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Actively participate in team and company meetings.
- Actively introduce ideas, alternatives, and solutions to challenges that arise.
- Willingly participate in company-sponsored training.
- Contribute to and protect Impax’s vibrant, collaborative culture where excellence and fresh thinking are recognized and rewarded.
- When participating in external events and while traveling, employees and interns are expected to conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism at all times.
- This internship provides modest compensation on an hourly basis.
- No healthcare, retirement or other employment benefits are provided.
- US work authorization is required and Impax will not be offering assistance to obtain this.
Impax is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a copy of your resume along with a cover letter and compensation requirements to CV@impaxam.com. We will make every effort to respond to qualified candidates. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in Impax.
Impax Asset Management
Impax is an award-winning investment manager dedicated to sustainability investing – the opportunities created by the transition to a more sustainable economy. Impax's listed equity strategies focus on public companies that are set to benefit from the long-term trends of rising global populations, wealth, and consumption, increasing urbanization, and the resulting demand for resource efficiency. Impax invests in companies involved in energy efficiency, alternative energy, water, waste/resource recovery, food, agriculture, and sustainable forestry as well as in broader themes around basic needs, evolving health care challenges, financial inclusion, and related markets. Impax’s private equity infrastructure funds invest in the development of renewable power generation and related assets, primarily in Europe.
Impax is regarded as a thought leader in defining the markets in which it invests and is seeing rapidly accelerating interest in sustainable investing among Endowments, Foundations, Public Plans, and Family Offices.