About the Job
Catholic Charities USA is recruiting an AmeriCorps VISTA for a position titled: Impact Investing and Social Enterprise Analyst.
AmeriCorps VISTA members build capacity in nonprofit organizations and public agencies to help them more effectively generate the commitment of private sector resources, encourage volunteer service at the local level, and empower individuals and communities. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve full time for one-year terms.
Benefits of becoming a VISTA include:
- Living Allowance
- AmeriCorps VISTA is the only AmeriCorps program where you can earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving you an edge in the federal hiring process
- End of Service Award: choose between a Segal Education Award (valued at approximately $6,000) to pay for a range of education expenses or a $1,800 cash stipend
- Professional Development Training
Find out more about AmeriCorps VISTA here: .
Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA) is a network of 167 member agencies that together are the largest private provider of social services in the US. Its strategic priorities include Affordable Housing, Social Enterprise Initiatives, Immigrant & Refugee Services, Integrated Health, Food & Nutrition, and Disaster Services. CCUSA is exploring how to integrate impact investing into its programming across these strategic priorities. As a new initiative within the Agency, our work in impact investing spans staff socialization to due diligence to structuring new financial vehicles. The strategy will evolve as information is gathered and partnerships are formed with our member agencies. Areas of near-term priority are:
- Identification and due diligence on member owned and operated social enterprises;
- Financing for new construction under the CCUSA Healthy Housing Initiative, which combines permanent supportive housing with wraparound health services for the chronically homeless;
- Designing impact management for impact investing at CCUSA;
- Developing and rolling out trainings and resources for CCUSA and member agency staff;
- Developing and cultivating new finance partners; and
- Raising CCUSA’s visibility in the impact investing sector.
The mission of CCUSA is to provide services to people in need, to advocate for justice in social structures, and to call the entire church and other people of good will to do the same. Founded over a century ago, CCUSA member agencies employ over 40,000 people across 3,500 service delivery sites located in every state and US territory. Learn more at: catholiccharitiesusa.org.
The VISTA’s role will span the entirety of the Impact Investing Initiative’s workstream. (S)/he will support the Senior Director of Impact Investing on staff training; designing and structuring financial vehicles in consultation with member agencies; identifying and conducting due diligence on social enterprises; designing and implementing an impact measurement system, liaising with the Communications team to push out messaging on multiple channels, representing CCUSA at sector events, and cultivating donors, co-investors, and other financial partners. Given the number and variety of players involved in starting a new area of focus, the VISTA should possess the willingness to cultivate and maintain strong organizational partnerships. (S)/he also should be comfortable with a flexible role requiring the juggling of multiple priorities.
Candidates must be able to start on May 11 as required by the AmeriCorps VISTA program
- BA in finance, social enterprise, economics, non-profit management, or other related field with an interest in impact investing, MBA/MA preferred;
- Experience and/or interest in measurement and evaluation preferred;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel;
- Ability to think critically;
- Excellent time management;
- Ability to work well individually and within teams;
- Comfort working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Flexibility and patience.
Catholic Charities USA
Catholic Charities USA
The mission of Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA) is to provide services to people in need, to advocate for justice in social structures, and to call the entire church and other people of good will to do the same. Founded over a century ago, CCUSA is comprised of 160+ local members throughout the US. It has a set of strategic priorities including Affordable Housing, Social Enterprise Initiatives, Immigrant & Refugee Services, Integrated Health, Food & Nutrition, and Disaster Services. Learn more at: .