About the Job
As part of LGT Venture Philanthropy’s and LGT Lightstone’s strategic efforts to scale positive impact, the LGT Impact Fellowship was established to provide additional know-how and capacity to portfolio organizations. Each year a limited number of professionals are nominated to work full-time for one year with the organizations and companies supported by us in Latin America, Africa, India and Europe. Fellows work within the organization on various projects, share their know-how and help build organizational capacity.
Compensation packages include insurance coverage and are in line with local standards. Remuneration may vary depending on geographies, sectors, organization type, etc.
Since inception in 2009, 159 professionals from over 30 countries have joined the program to create impact across the globe. Learn more about the program on the our website.
Education and professional experience
- Undergraduate degree (MBA or other advanced degree in a relevant field preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience after university
Required skills and qualities
- Proficiency in English (additional languages from relevant regions might be required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong research and analytical skills
- Self-starter, willing to work independently with limited supervision and take responsibility for own actions
- Strong commitment to making a difference and willingness to make financial concessions
- Good understanding of challenges and trends in low-to-middle income countries
- Willingness to work in and engage with local cultures with a positive attitude and cultural sensitivity
- Flexibility, open-mindedness and the ability to deal with ambiguity, unforeseeable events and changing environment.
LGT Venture Philanthropy / LGT Lightstone
About LGT Venture Philanthropy
LGT Venture Philanthropy (LGT VP) aims to improve the quality of life of less advantaged people, contribute to healthy ecosystems and build resilient, inclusive and prosperous communities. LGT VP supports organizations and companies with outstanding social and environmental impact and potential to scale through tailored financing, know-how and access to networks. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, LGT VP primarily invests in organizations based in developing countries, focusing on education, health and environmental conservation. More about LGT VP on www.lgtvp.com.
About LGT Lightstone
LGT Lightstone is a private equity impact investor targeting both attractive financial returns and measurable, positive impact. LGT Lightstone aims to improve the quality of life of underserved people and protect the environment through intentionally impactful and commercially attractive investments. Focus sectors include health, education, financial inclusion, environmental services, energy, affordable housing and consumer goods. Headquartered in London with local investment teams in Latin America, Africa, India and Europe, LGT Lightstone manages a global portfolio of impact investments as well as the Impact Ventures UK fund. More about LGT Impact on www.lgtlightstone.com.