About the Job
Are you passionate about startups, want to build a strong entrepreneurial ecosystem in the Middle East and North Africa while working in an international organisation?
Who we are
Seedstars is an organisation headquartered in Switzerland with operations in emerging markets. By connecting key stakeholders, transferring knowledge, supporting the development of innovative solutions and investing and/or building companies, the group’s goal is to improve people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship.
About Seedstars World
Seedstars World is the largest seed-stage tech competition in emerging markets. We offer stakeholders interested in technology, entrepreneurship and emerging markets networking opportunities, mentoring, and access to funding.
About the job
Your main objective will be to sell Events & Short Term Training that can impact the local and regional startup ecosystems to ensure a steady revenue from these activities.
Source commercial opportunities with different stakeholders of Seedstars: corporates, investors, governments, NGOs, incubators/accelerators and startups.
- The full sales cycle for:
- Seedstars Training: Launchpads, Bootcamps, Investor training.
- Seedstars Events: Pitching Events, Networking Events, Workshops, Delegations, among others.
- Strengthen our presence with business development activities on the ground, looking to create unfair advantages and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Start, maintain and develop a solid relationship with our key clients of different Events & Trainings.
- You are a smart, natural salesperson with 2 years of B2B sales experience
- You have a strong business development background
- You have a good understanding of finance (Budgeting, Forecasting, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statements) and master Excel
- You speak Arabic
- You are strong with writing (sometimes complex) proposals for large organisations
- You are objective driven, with an entrepreneurial mindset
- You are extremely rigorous in following processes (even self-set) to achieve your objectives
- You are independent as well as comfortable with reporting
Why our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: )
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Seedstars is a company builder and impact investment fund with HQ in Switzerland and offices in Portugal, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, and a presence in 70+ emerging markets.
Our mission is impacting people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship