About the Job
You will have a key role in creating and updating Small Foundation’s knowledge base, which guides and shapes emergent strategy and practice. Key elements of the role include:
- Landscaping markets and researching industries, organisations and initiatives;
- Supporting relationship management with Small Foundation’s existing and prospective partners;
- Collating and reporting on dissemination data from research and communication activity supported by Small Foundation;
- Creating content for and updating Small Foundation’s communication channels;
- Organising, planning and participating in internal and external meetings;
- Reading and assessing business plans and financial reporting;
- Identifying and summarising reports and publications.
A successful applicant will:
- Have a deep interest in international development and/or impact investment
- Have excellent research and verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to succinctly summarise complex reports and meetings
- Be able to understand business plans and financial reports
- Enjoy working in a small, dynamic team, be proactive and have very strong time management and organisational skills
- Have a minimum Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a relevant area, and at least three years of relevant experience
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office, and be willing to learn new software packages.
Small Foundation is a philanthropic foundation with charitable status registered in Ireland. Our vision is an Africa free from extreme poverty by 2030. Our mission is to catalyse income-generating opportunities for extremely poor people in rural sub-Saharan Africa.
Small Foundation’s goal is to improve the business ecosystems that proliferate income opportunities for those in extreme poverty by expanding the access of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) to knowledge, skilled human resources, finance, technology, and markets.
Small Foundation uses a combination of grants, debt and equity to support initiatives to achieve its impact objectives.