About the Job
The Nuveen RI team seeks a qualified candidate to play a program management and key support role for priority team initiatives. The director will help formalize the process for connecting core ESG integration, engagement and impact activities with key stakeholders across the company to further leverage and enhance business value and strategic objectives. Preference is for this role to be based in New York. Chicago will also be considered.
- Support cross-cutting priority RI initiatives and projects that enhance efficiency and effectiveness within the team and across the enterprise. Execute critical project management functions including developing and managing project plans, supporting stakeholder needs, and managing scope, schedule and budget.
- Work with the team and key business partners on planning, developing and delivering content for boards of trustees and C-suite/executive level meetings
RI Programmatic Support:
- Support activity related to developing, systematizing and championing the RI value proposition across all Nuveen asset classes.
- Research current and emerging RI issues (i.e. evolving global policy/regulatory landscape) in support of Nuveen’s core RI principles of ESG integration, engagement and impact.
- Track, monitor and liaise across the team and key partners on current and emerging global trends and best practices to determine applicability to current activities and develop recommendations for future strategies.
- Work across asset classes to support the implementation of Nuveen’s responsible investing commitments, programs, transparency requirements and practices
- Field, respond and disseminate as appropriate internal and external requests and track progress towards completion.
A successful candidate may possess a wide range of experiences and backgrounds. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and high level of comfort/ease interacting with all levels of the organization, up to and including Executive Committee
- Solve problems and think strategically/critically and with attention to details
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with ability to formulate clear and concise executive “messages” to internal and external audiences from complex topics
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment, which often requires the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including the ability to develop professional presentations and analysis
- Experience driving end-to-end change management and process improvement through multiple programs within a portfolio across the enterprise.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university required; masters preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, ideally in financial services industry
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at