About the Job
We are seeking an Analyst to join Pacific Community Ventures’ Impact Investing Research and Consulting team. Over the past decade, our research projects and client engagements have helped define and build the field of impact investing. Our clients include leading foundations, pension funds, community development finance institutions (CDFIs), fund managers, and policymakers doing groundbreaking work in impact investing. Our projects span a variety of fields including job quality, economic development, financial inclusion, healthy food access, affordable housing, and environmental finance. Many of our research projects are conducted in partnership with other leaders in the field, including the Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN), Impact Management Project (IMP), and the Aspen Institute.
You will be a dedicated teammate with strong analytical, writing, research, and communication skills who is passionate about impact investing and ready to contribute to client and research projects. You should welcome the opportunity and challenge to take growing ownership of key workstreams and deliverables as you gain experience.
- Support the delivery of high-quality, timely projects that enable PCV and clients to more effectively measure and manage their impact
- Design survey instruments, interview protocols, and other methodologies for data collection from fund managers and portfolio companies
- Lead impact data collection and analysis for client projects, including from interviews
- Support the development of client deliverables, including PowerPoint presentations, memorandums, and reports
- Support the development of high-quality, timely research projects that help scale and improve the efficacy of the impact investing field
- Conduct research through literature reviews and interviews with experts, academics, investors, and policymakers
- Support the development of publicly available reports and guides
- Support the production of content as needed to demonstrate PCV’s thought leadership
- Grow industry and sector knowledge by attending industry events and developing strong working relationships with clients and leaders in the impact investing industry
This position will be based at our headquarters in Oakland. The role may involve occasional travel to other locations in California and around the United States.
As an organization committed to creating good jobs, we walk the talk. We provide excellent benefits for full-time employees, including full health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings accounts with a generous match which is fully vested immediately, and ample paid time off and holidays.
PCV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are especially interested in candidates who have direct experience with the communities we serve.
We aim to be a diverse and inclusive place to work. We value new perspectives, original ideas and different ways of working. We believe that diverse views and experiences improve the way we do our work. You should have a strong interest in and dedication to creating social and environmental benefit through impact investing. You should demonstrate strong analytical and communication skills that you are eager to apply to complex social problems. You should be enthusiastic, flexible, and willing to join a small and passionate team working on a myriad of projects across the social impact space.
- At least one year of experience in an analytical or research role with prior consulting, investing, IMM, or evaluation experience preferred (please note that the year of experience could include substantial internship experience)
- Proven excellence in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Outstanding written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Strong organization and ability to effectively prioritize work across multiple projects
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
- Experience with sustainability and environmental, social, governance (ESG) data is a plus
- Familiarity with ArcGIS is a plus
Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Impact Investing Research and Consulting Analyst Application” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Pacific Community Ventures
Pacific Community Ventures envisions a world of thriving communities where everyone has a fair shake. Our mission is to invest in small businesses, create good jobs for working people, and make markets work for social good. We achieve our mission through a combination of fair lending, free mentorship, skilled volunteerism, impact investing consulting services, and field-building research.
Our impact investing research and consulting practice helps clients effectively deploy capital and manage investments in alignment with their financial and impact objectives. PCV’s Impact Investing Research and Consulting team works with impact investors to build their capacity to achieve their desired financial returns and social impact through impact strategy development, impact measurement, management, evaluation, training and research. Our work has influenced capital markets for decades and our clients have strengthened local economies, created tens of thousands of good jobs, and driven private and public investments in underserved communities.