About the Job
The Spring 2020 Impact Investing Intern will be an integral part of the Impact Investing team, supporting comprehensive due diligence, transaction execution and portfolio management for impact investing opportunities and TOTAL-led investment vehicles. In this role, you will contribute to the growth of TOTAL's impact investing portfolio, the design of new investment structures, and the internal learning processes that will help guide our investment strategies and ultimately expand our ability to reach scale through impact investing, innovative financial solutions and blended financing.
- Supporting senior management in all deal-related tasks, including due-diligence, and deal structuring assignments
- Interacting with our implementing and financial partners in countries where we have investment vehicles
- Financial modeling and preparation of appropriate investment documentation
- Assisting senior management in the investment process, including following up with potential investors, keeping deadlines and managing the process
- Developing and vetting an extensive pipeline of potential opportunities, writing investment memos and presenting your findings to the Committee
- Keeping detailed records of potential pipeline opportunities, and providing statistics on trends to the management
- Writing and assisting in delivering reports on consulting assignments
- Conducting industry research and summarizing it in reports for internal and external use
- Inputting, and keeping up to date the company’s database and records
Email CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Total Impact Capital
TOTAL Impact Capital (formerly known as Total Impact Advisors) specializes in structuring and managing impact investment vehicles and global investment opportunities that are socially and financially attractive and works with investors who are searching for competitive returns and a chance to make a positive mark on the world. Working with high performing on-the-ground implementers, including non-profits and social enterprises, we create financial products, including debt facilities and investment funds, that finance lasting, sustainable and profitable solutions to address today's biggest social challenges. Founded in 2010, TOTAL is headquartered in the Washington, DC area (Bethesda) with partners in New York, San Francisco, and Geneva. Please visit us at
We are currently seeking an intern to join us in our Bethesda office. This position will give you an opportunity to work on live deals and support the management in all deal-related activities, including the management of a debt fund that finances rural and peri-urban water service providers in Central America. You will work directly with implementing partners, social enterprises, and local banks and financial institutions on investment and fund management projects, as well as with foundations and the government on our consulting assignments. Working with us will give you exposure to the different verticals and players in the impact investment space.