About the Job
Triodos Renewables Europe Fund has the ambition to accelerate the energy transition by investing in projects and initiatives that contribute to combating climate change in Europe. The fund is an equity investor targeting investments and projects that generate renewable energy, reduce energy consumption or increase the flexibility of the energy system. Over the past 13 years a European portfolio has been built up based on partnerships with developers. Investments that enable new projects and support innovation in the sector are preferred.
In order to support the pace of growth of the fund Triodos Investment Management is looking for an ambitious individual to fulfil the position of
Internal Account Manager
Triodos Renewables Europe Fund
(32 – 40 hours a week)
You will play a direct role in increasing the impact of the fund through supporting the (Senior) Investment Managers in managing as well as optimising the performance and composition of the existing investment portfolio.
Next to this position, the investment team Energy & Climate in Europe consists of 4 (senior/medior) Investment Managers. The team works closely with the Fund Manager and an Investment Analyst. The team is organized as a self-managing team to the maximum extent possible.
Your responsibilities in this position
- Support the activities of the team’s Investment Managers in order to maintain and expand a good quality portfolio of renewable energy projects in Europe;
- Prepare, coordinate and support Investment Managers in performing the periodic (annual / semi-annual /quarterly) reviews. This includes amongst others preparing and analysing important datasets (e.g. power prices, inflation, discount rates, production figures) and updating the financial models accordingly;
- Analyse (quarterly / technical) monitoring reports, financial statements and (updates) of cashflow models;
- You will work together with an investment manager on a number of assets to monitor and optimise the value of investments in the portfolio, applying best practice and procurement efficiencies;
- Support the Investment Managers in reporting about the activities at portfolio level;
- Conduct Customer Due Diligence procedures for new and existing clients;
- Liaise with the Portfolio Administration Department regarding disbursement processes, the exchange of relevant fund data and other processes;
- Assist in preparing impact, marketing- and other material for presentations, events, investor meetings, etc.;
- Take initiatives that lead to higher efficiency of the team.
What we expect from you:
A good understanding of developments in the energy transition in Europe and familiarity with investment processes from origination to closing;
- Affinity with the mission and sustainability goals of Triodos Bank;
- Relevant education, e.g bachelor level Business Economics, Business Administration or an education level that is similar and gained through experience on the job in an investment environment;
- Relevant experience in an international setting, e.g. impact investment firm, financial institution, financial advisory firm, preferably with a focus on renewable energy, infrastructure or project finance;
- Experience in analysing financial reports and reviewing financial models;
- Fluent in Dutch and English (orally and in writing). Sufficient knowledge of other languages (preferably Spanish and/or French) and a cross cultural sensitivity.
- Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union
- Affinity with sustainable investments;
- A result-oriented, self-starting work attitude,
- Well-organised person, solution focussed attitude;
- Show a positive attitude on an agile way of working;
- Pragmatic and good business sense, combined with a sense of humour;
The brand new, sustainable office is based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Who we are:
Triodos Renewables Europe fund is one of the 17 funds managed by Triodos Investment Management, a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, totalling over EUR 4,6 billion in Asset under management investing in both Europe and emerging markets. Triodos is a globally recognised leader in impact investment. The business has grown based on deep market sector insights and commitment to sustainability objectives of our partners. The European Energy & climate team is based in 6 countries in Europe and has been recognised by Clean energy pipeline in 2019 as being No.1 in number of deals done. Triodos Renewables Europe fund was recognised as Best Infrastructure Fund by Environmental Finance in 2019.
You want to make a difference:
As a sustainable organisation it is our priority to invest pro-actively in your personal and professional development. You will be working in a professional, informal and transparent atmosphere and be a member of an international team which will motivate you to perform and develop your personal and professional goals. We offer a working environment within a growing organisation where there is room for personal ideas, initiatives and balance.
In addition to this we offer:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- 13 monthly salary payments plus holiday allowance
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours
- the option to join our collective health insurance
For more information about this position, please contact Sonja de Ruiter, Investment Manager via email Sonja.deRuiter@triodos.nl
Want to join our team? Please send in your application (in English) including CV before February 27, 2020 to the attention of Dorette Hollestelle – Geesink, Sr. HR Advisor Triodos IM.
Please note that the first round of interviews is scheduled on Monday March 9.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Triodos Investment Management
Who we are:
Triodos Investment Management, a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, is a globally recognised leader in impact investment. The business has grown based on deep market sector insights and commitment to sustainability objectives of our partners. Triodos Investment Management currently manages 17 funds (totalling over EUR 4,4 billion) investing in both Europe and emerging markets.