About the Job
Capital Impact Partners seeks an Impact and Strategy Intern to be based in the Arlington, VA office for the Summer 2020 to strengthen its Equity & Impact Strategies team. The Impact and Strategy Intern will gain valuable professional experience working to support a wide-range of policy issues and strategic lending initiatives for Capital Impact Partners.
- Conduct market research, portfolio and impact data analysis, strategy development and program evaluation
- Engage in activities associated with Capital Impact’s data infrastructure improvement and quality assurance efforts
- Support impact data collection efforts and perform data analysis for research and evaluation assignments
- Assist internal efforts to improve data management structures
- Assist in program evaluation/review of Capital Impact past transactions and programs
- Prepare market research and strategy documents for Capital Impact lending and programmatic initiatives
- Undergraduate or graduate students welcome to apply
- Minimum of 3 years of coursework towards a Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity of the community development industry
- Interest in impact measurement
- Strong written and analytical skills
- Highly accountable, detail-oriented, and organized, demonstrating an ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Collaborative and flexible, with the ability to collaborate with a wide range of internal and external partners and the willingness to play a range of roles as the project warrants
- Ability to work independently and prioritize competing requests in a fast-paced, growing organization
Capital Impact Partners
Capital Impact Partners, headquartered in Arlington, VA, operates nationally, with local offices in Detroit, MI, New York, NY, and Oakland, CA. For over 40 years, Capital Impact Partners has been a not-for-profit mission driven lender that has supported the development of low-income underserved communities nationwide, focusing on five key sectors – healthcare, education, healthy foods, housing and aging. Capital Impact is also supporting the redevelopment of Detroit through multiple partnerships with banks and foundations.
Capital Impact accomplishes this work through two primary lines of business, our Equity & Impact team and our Community Investment Loan Fund. Our Equity & Impact team provides programmatic solutions, technical assistance, and thought leadership in our core sectors and geographies. Our Community Impact Loan Fund has provided more than $2.7 Billion in direct debt investments for catalytic projects in our core sectors and geographies.