About the Job
Capital Impact Partners seeks a Finance Intern to be based in the Arlington, VA office for the Summer 2020 to strengthen its Finance and Equity & Impact Strategies team. The Finance Intern will support the Finance department and Policy and Development department within the Equity & Impact Strategies team on research and business development projects. The ideal candidate will have a passion for community development and impact investing.
- Conduct research on the impact investing landscape
- Map impact investing activities related to community development within the United States
- Identify new innovations in product development
- Identify new partnerships to support business development
- Conduct interviews with relevant stakeholders
- Present findings to the Finance team and the Chief Financial Officer
- Assist in ad-hoc operational tasks
- Undergraduate or graduate students welcome to apply, graduate level students preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of coursework towards a Bachelor’s degree
- Interest or previous experience in impact investing
- Business development, research, and/or strategy background a plus
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude, collaborative work style, strong work ethic, learning mindset, and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and prioritize competing requests in a fast-paced, growing organization
Capital Impact Partners
Capital Impact Partners, headquartered in Arlington, VA, operates nationally, with local offices in Detroit, MI, New York, NY, and Oakland, CA. For over 40 years, Capital Impact Partners has been a not-for-profit mission driven lender that has supported the development of low-income underserved communities nationwide, focusing on five key sectors – healthcare, education, healthy foods, housing and aging. Capital Impact is also supporting the redevelopment of Detroit through multiple partnerships with banks and foundations.
Capital Impact accomplishes this work through two primary lines of business, our Equity & Impact team and our Community Investment Loan Fund. Our Equity & Impact team provides programmatic solutions, technical assistance, and thought leadership in our core sectors and geographies. Our Community Impact Loan Fund has provided more than $2.7 Billion in direct debt investments for catalytic projects in our core sectors and geographies.